Thread: more krauss issues

more krauss issues

we have a krauss maffei 65 machine that we got from Germany and didn't come with a manual so have guessed most of the setting applications. we have having trouble with lock over when we press 1 (yes) on the zero points of position transducer manual setting the tool will hardly move and when it does it juters along and wont lock over what we have to do is turn it off then close the tool up until its almost locked over then turn it back to yes and do the final bit. which is not an ideal way of doing it and it doesn't always work.

as anyone come across this issue?

i have spoken to krauss and they weren't much help, i have also read a manual online and that say when you turn it on yes it should move at 20% speed until tool locks over. we did also think it might have something to do with the oil being warmed up so tried raising that and had no luck.

Re: more krauss issues

No clue - maybe pump is going bad and/or there's air in the hydraulic lines?

hello!
    im guessing that you have old machine, aprox 15 years, with mc3 control?
    You must put 1 on hand zero positions. In this mode the pump will have reduced pressure and speed. If you have used and worn pump this could be difficult. Try to close the mold without this mode and when the tool is closed put 1 (zero) the mold.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180831_143611.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	286

You have to check and may be (probably) calibrate system pressures. Open drawings and check the pressures. I am preaty sure, that system pressure is wrong. But it is not necessary pump issue. Please check it. and do not use automatic mould high setting. It is a issue on all KM. Secondly as wrote BBEVC before…..