Thread: Van Dorn 150 ton Model 150-RS-12F-1789 Postion not reading correctly.

Van Dorn 150 ton Model 150-RS-12F-1789 Postion not reading correctly.

I have a van dorn 150 model 150-RS-12F-1789 That the position display is not reading correctly. It won't zero out and stays at 0.25. It also won't count up correctly. When rotating the screw back it will throw out random numbers and the screw ends up going all the way back to the end. There is a fuse on board 29 that is labeled F4-HLK that is a 2.5amp glass buss fuse. It keeps blowing. I tried a 3 and a 5 amp but they blow almost rightaway. I wonder if the board that the position selector switches and display and position sensor are wired into is bad. The switch was replaced recently cause it wasn't reading at all and it worked for like a month.Anyone familiar with this machine? What does fuse F4-HLK go to on board 29? This is the board that is nothing but a row of fuses when looking in the cabinet on the left door that is nothing but circuit boards. I can't locate a manual online. This machine has always had memory issues with forgetting it's position on the shot size but it's gotten worse. I'll make a video then post the youtube link here so you can see what I'm talking about.

Re: Van Dorn 150 ton Model 150-RS-12F-1789 Postion not reading correctly.

OK some more info. The Fuse blows when I press the manual screw rotate button. It doesn't blow When I press manully inject foward. Only when the screw retracts. Also now The screw pullback timer is shorted. Instead of a 1 inch cushion the screw will go all the way back and not stop when the RED LED staying light. I unplugged the ribbon cable that controls that part so the screw will stop where I tell it to stop. The machine is equpied with a pathfinder control. The mother board system is by Solid controls INC and is model CS2065-AL sereial 111. The fuse is on card 29 and is labeled F4-HL-K. There are 2 numbers on the circuit board holder itself. 22631 and 63812, The fuse still blows when rotating the screw even with the Screw pullback cable unplugged. With the fuse blown the screw still rotates and injects so what does that fuse do?