Thread: Backup of machine programs

Backup of machine programs

Hi All,

New to this forum but have been in the injection moulding world for approximately 3 years.
    I wanted to know how everyone else backs up their moulding programs/settings and if they have a desktop reader for the settings.

We currently have the programs saved on the machines with usb backups and the major settings written in paper which we then save. Was hoping someone knows of a program "exporter" or similiar to stop translation error from the machine to the written backup.

Re: Backup of machine programs

I usually use a CF or USB stick to backup the programs and save them to the company server. Usually my original program from my process study/DOE I save to my computer so if someone adjusts it I always have a backup. The backups from the machine I save in a folder by machine and then by date. That way we can back track to the timeframe where it ran good if things get messed up. Also not bad to do this with your robots if you have them. Also make paper copies that are a controlled document to make it an easy reference to look at to verify what has been changed.

Hi,

We have on company server folder for each machine, and there i save back up, on CF stick I have "production" and "archive" folders so operators dont confuse what program to use and programs always have index at the end.
    Me personally have on USB and on my private computer back up of all programs. Since we do RnD is good idea to have all programs saved.
    In my company we run only ARBURG machines, and you have there Copylog. Is good program for backing up. but it works only with this machines.

We always backup to the controller or USB on the machine, then we manually fill out a setup sheet we created in Excel for a backup of a backup. That’s then printed out and placed in the folder in the shop for that job. Can never have too many backups, especially for those tough to figure out jobs.