Thread: Back up encoder error and Battery encoder error

Back up encoder error and Battery encoder error

Hi to everyone,

good day, we are always dealing with this kind of error with All Electric injection machine, every time this errors occurs we need to call on the OE service for them to calibrate the machine because its the only way to reset the error. Thier service for calibration is free, but my point question is WHY are these errors always occurs. The solution we need is how to get rid of the errors and prevent it from coming back in very short of time. I hope somebody here can give us some points. Thanks very much in advance.

Lovely

Re: Back up encoder error and Battery encoder error

Usually the manufacturer gives you an interval on how often the encoder batteries need to be replaced. Are you changing them before they die? If the batteries are failing on a regular basis before the interval is up I would talk to the manufacturer. What type of machine is it?

Perhaps you shouldn’t turn off the main power? Or leave it on and change the battery then?!
    Rick.

Thanks Sir iautry and Sir Rick, we leave the machine power on, this is the 4th time it happen. the first is November 2016, second is Nov 2017, 3rd is Feb. 23, 2018 then
    March 25, 2018. we replace the battery with a new one as well as with the calibration everytime we encounter this error. The battery connection and the battery itself are connected good, the voltage reading is good (4.6 VDC)

lovely

a lot of machines you are required to replace the servo encoder backup battery yearly. Some are 3 or 5 years. Maybe just put it on a yearly PM cycle. You can usually pull it when the machine is powered up and swap it. It shouldn't loose it's calibration. However consult the manual. Someone at the last place I worked did that one a cnc lathe and blew the servo drives and the controller when he grounded out a 480v line (guy was lucky to not be killed). Manual for that one said to do it powered down due to the high probability that would happen.