Thread: Valve Gate Pneumatic Pressure

Valve Gate Pneumatic Pressure

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if there is a recommended amount of pneumatic pressure for the opening and closing of valve gate of Mold Master hot runner system?

Currently, our mold is supplied by about 7 bars (machine supply), but the process guy from our toolmaker has recommended to install a separate pneumatic source and reduce it to around 4.5 ~ 5 bars to avoid exerting too much pressure on the valve gate.

Does he got a point on this one? Or the 2~2.5 bars reduction wouldn't make so much difference?

Would highly appreciate any insights. Thank you very much!

Re: Valve Gate Pneumatic Pressure

While I was at Magna we had an accumulator tank of ~35 gallons and an intensifier to bring the pressure up to 150-160 psi. This was connected to the press valve block with a 1” line. You need the volume and pressure to make them operate consistently. But I’d ask the OEM what pressure they recommend for them and run that.
    Rick

Re: Valve Gate Pneumatic Pressure

7 bars (101psi) sounds fine to me. It actually might be a little on the low end.. I'm pretty sure some Husky valve-gate systems I've worked with specify 200psi (need to verify this), though we were able to use 100psi and a surge tank and have it run OK.