PDA

View Full Version : Kawaguchi Battery Replacement.

elmer
7th November 2017, 01:49 PM
I need to replace the battery in a Kawaguchi KM-180-B. The battery resides on one of the circuit boards. There are no identifying marks on the battery. My questions: What type of battery is it and where can I get one?

Thanks, Elmer

brentb
7th November 2017, 03:09 PM
Have you consulted the manual or Kawaguchi Service?

KOM
brent

elmer
7th November 2017, 04:55 PM
Have you consulted the manual or Kawaguchi Service?

KOM
brent

Brent, We have searched the operation manual as well as the electrical/electronic schematics and not found any battery references. Service wants a few thousand dollars to exchange the board. I am hoping for a more economical solution.

Thanks,
Elmer

iautry1973
7th November 2017, 09:34 PM
If they did the same trick as Sumitomo the only way to replace the battery is to swap the board or have them solder a new one on. Not a cheap solution. Plus to encourage board swaps I guess the components they use on the Sumitomo boards are rated for 10 years only.

brentb
8th November 2017, 01:32 PM
Yes, if I remember the Kawa batteries were soldered in.

KOM

brent

elmer
9th November 2017, 08:48 PM
The battery is soldered in place. Kawaguchi is going to install a new battery, re-flash the program, and run diagnostics on the board for about $1,000. I've had this press since it was new and aside from the battery issue it still runs very well. It's actually quieter than our electrics!

Thank you everyone for your help.

Elmer