PDA

View Full Version : Efficiency Enhancement methods in an injection molding plant

ChMan
6th October 2017, 08:24 AM
Hi!

What efficiency enhancement methods are there in an injection molding plant?

I know this is a pretty general question.
Where is this example found? etc, etc...

thx,
CM

iautry1973
9th October 2017, 03:20 PM
That is a very broad question. Depends on what you are looking for in efficiency and what your molding. Some ideas for you:
-Track your downtime. It will give you an idea as to what your biggest lose of time is as far as the machine uptime. Also share this information with everyone in the plant. Once you have identified the issues make a plan to solve them.
-Automation can help if you don't use it already. Gate jobs that could be handled by a robot add time to the cycle, leaves you dependent on the labor showing up to work, and makes for an inconsistent cycle most times (defects)
-Track your defects and root causes for the defects. If you are just randomly throwing parts away and no one solves the issue as to why its a big waste.
-Machines, depending on what you are molding and what you have for machines going to an electric machine can drop energy usage and drop cycle times. Also if the machines are really old and prone to maintenance issues helps make the case for a newer machine.
-Do a process study on all your parts. Use this to help bring cycle times down and also make the process more repeatable. This will reduce startup time, scrap, and yield a better product.

There are a lot more things you can do. Just a few ideas. Mostly step back, take a look at everything, document things, measure things, make an action plan, and then execute it.

Josue
13th October 2017, 10:22 PM
Hi!

What efficiency enhancement methods are there in an injection molding plant?

I know this is a pretty general question.
Where is this example found? etc, etc...

thx,
CM

I recommend you to define your KPI (Key Performance Index) what its the most critical items that you want to control?
*Cycle times?----You most record and track your cycle times loss vs your std
*Mold change Over?---You most Tracking and set a std times and monitoring daily
*Down times? tracking and set Std and keep

after that you will have data for improvement points
BR

KingTech Linda
17th October 2017, 04:43 AM
control the quality to make the stable quality control standard