PDA

View Full Version : How you control your spare parts for Molds in the shop?

reakenra
30th June 2017, 05:15 PM
Hi to all,

We want to implement a system that allows us to have a greater control in reference the spare parts in our workshop of molds.
Anyone know any page where information about this?

I thought that we could take into account the delivery time, minimum quantity, time of service, among other basic concepts that apply in general inventory systems.

Thanks in advance,

Nataly.

chrisprocess
30th June 2017, 05:21 PM
Look into a MSC vending system

https://www.mscdirect.com/solutions/vending-solutions

reakenra
30th June 2017, 06:54 PM
Thanks Chris, i will take a look on your link.

moldingppm
2nd July 2017, 11:25 PM
MSC vending is nice, and there are a lot of vending options out there. If you're not looking to spend the upfront money on a vending unit, you can buy a shelf with bins and use something such as excel to track how much you use and inventory it. You can even find inventory software that can help you as well.

iautry1973
7th July 2017, 07:15 PM
They are setting up a system here using a in house SharePoint app to control inventory in our tooling department. Uses a computer and scanner. Just scan your badge and the item you are taking out. Then the app automatically deducts it from inventory. Seems to be working good. Let you know in a few months how it goes. If you don't have a bunch of software guys with time on their hands the I have seen the excel spreadsheet work as well.

Another system would be to set up a simple "2 bin system" basically you take parts from one bin and when you start into the second bin it has a "reorder" card with the vendor and qty to reorder. You set up the second bin to have enough stock (with a safety factor) for the parts to be reordered and delivered. It is a simple system to setup and train for.