PDA

View Full Version : American injection molding machine builders (USA)

Jason S.
1st June 2017, 09:02 PM
I was having a discussion with a colleague about Nissei building machines here in the good ole U.S.A. and the question came up about other American injection molding machine builders. Cincinnati came up but we questioned if they were still made here or not. Does anyone know of any machines other than Nissei that are American made?

MTUHusky
1st June 2017, 09:33 PM
Hey Jason,

The company I work for has a wide variety of machines including Nissei, and we bought two Cincinnati RoboShots about 2 years ago. So far my favorites are the Roboshots and the Arburg's, but the Roboshots would be my choice. The RoboShots repeatability is by far the best in the shop. And they are located in the USA.

iautry1973
1st June 2017, 10:32 PM
I thought the Roboshots were a Japanese machine that were sold by Milacron? Do like Arburgs as well.

MTUHusky
2nd June 2017, 03:20 PM
I thought the Roboshots were a Japanese machine that were sold by Milacron?

I could be wrong, I was basing the manufacturing location off of Milacron's website. According to their site, the Japan facility makes hot runners and controller systems. With 15 facilities in the USA, I made an assumption that they are actually manufactured in the U.S.

Love the profile picture! I am a goalie myself :-)

iautry1973
5th June 2017, 03:13 PM
MTUHusky, cool! That was when I played in Montana. Tore my hip up over 2 years ago. Had my first game back after surgery Friday. So much fun to be back on the ice! I could be wrong to, but I thought I remembered the discussion from when we were looking at them at another plant. Basically got that they were a Japanese machine with Fanuc servos sold by Milacron. That was several years and several head saves ago....

MTUHusky
5th June 2017, 07:22 PM
MTUHusky, cool! That was when I played in Montana. Tore my hip up over 2 years ago. Had my first game back after surgery Friday. So much fun to be back on the ice! I could be wrong to, but I thought I remembered the discussion from when we were looking at them at another plant. Basically got that they were a Japanese machine with Fanuc servos sold by Milacron. That was several years and several head saves ago....

Ya I miss it badly, I hope to join a beer league this year though. I miss the smell of the ice :-( I played in Sarnia Ontario and Port Huron MI for pretty much my whole career. Wasnt easy growing up near Detroit and being a Colorado Avalanche fan (Patrick Roy was my hero)

iautry1973
6th June 2017, 04:27 PM
MTUHusky, well if you still have your gear and the time most beer leagues playing goalie is either free or super cheap.

Suhas
6th June 2017, 07:55 PM
Good to listen to goalies who were Made in America :)
So to answer the Q, I do not believe any machines are made in the USA anymore. The last one was probably Engel in York, PA. They moved too.
Regards,
Suhas

Jason S.
7th June 2017, 03:48 PM
Thanks Suhas,

I don't mind reading about the goalies at all. This wasn't a question intended to help me with an actual problem, I was just curious to know.

Suhas
8th June 2017, 08:37 PM
No problem at all. Have fun! I played field hockey as a kid and sucked at it! I loved it though.
Have fun molding and otherwise. All work and no play makes jack and all of us molders dull boys!
I am OK you guys posting some fun stuff.
Take care.
Suhas

chrisprocess
13th June 2017, 11:18 PM
I had the pleasure of speaking with a Milacron Sales Engineer - apparently the Roboshot is manufactured by Fanuc in Japan and is distributed by Milacron here in the States.
Milacron will do custom upgrades per customer request.

That being said Milacron does also manufacture their own Magna and Maxima hydraulic machines in Cleveland, Ohio.