PDA

View Full Version : sodick

Flash
16th March 2017, 04:02 PM
looking at an injection machine. Has anyone heard of this brand? What are your thoughts? It is a hybrid. Also looking at a Tederic 280. Your thoughts on this as well. Thank you

JayDub
16th March 2017, 07:13 PM
We have 3 Sodicks - 2 horizontal, one rotary vertical - used for molding small medical components with inserts. Good machines, as you'd expect for a Japanese IMM. Never heard of Tederic before.

chrisprocess
16th March 2017, 07:41 PM
looking at an injection machine. Has anyone heard of this brand? What are your thoughts? It is a hybrid. Also looking at a Tederic 280. Your thoughts on this as well. Thank you

Few sodick machines in house. This is where some high precision parts are ran.

I personally don't work with them much but I've heard only great things (this particular model is a plunger type).
Apparently they're very precise, some OEM customers won't run them anywhere else.

These models are from late 90's early 00's though, I'm sure newer machines are just comparable..

But if sodick hasn't been bought-out or sold since late 90's I'd bet my paycheck their product hasn't gotten any worse!

-Chris

Suhas
17th March 2017, 01:26 PM
I have heard good things about them. They have a patented system for micromolding.
Suhas

brentb
17th March 2017, 01:38 PM
We have 4 Sodicks. Very precise, we do a lot of intricate jobs and thinwall medical parts, including LCP and they are great. You re-learn "scientific" molding when using them.
Actually the screw/plunger technology on the injection end existed back in the 1960's with IMPCO and Husky (those were the days), but has been "perfected" with Sodick.
I believe Nissei has a similar injection (screw/plunger) system.

KOM

brent

Flash
17th March 2017, 02:28 PM
If service needed, do you call them? How is service?

brentb
17th March 2017, 02:41 PM
They are in Mount Prospect /Schaumburg IL. Their service seems decent and helpful, especially at showing their methods for molding and helping on molding problems. They have classes on their site for processing and maintenance.

KOM

brent

Kenny_Lam
18th March 2017, 05:06 AM
They are very good, stable and precise machines. if u want to make small and precise parts, they are the best choise for u.