PDA

View Full Version : How's business?

moldingppm
13th March 2017, 07:19 PM
Hello all,

How's business going for everyone? Seems like the larger production guys I talk to are staying steady, while the smaller, custom guys are either booming or dead.

Being a custom molder, we have seen one month were we are dead, and slammed the next...everyone says it's slowly getting better. So far we're somewhat on par with the last few years (which I consider to have been slow)

How's everyone else's outlook for this year so far?

rickbatey
13th March 2017, 08:17 PM
My employer is in a transition as the electrical division is booming and the interior is pretty much at a standstill until the next new model replacement. So we're pretty level but in a different direction versus years prior.
Rick.

brentb
14th March 2017, 01:09 PM
We do medical and are very busy!

KOM

brent

iautry1973
14th March 2017, 03:49 PM
Pretty busy, but we are our own customer. Some friends of mine work at a custom molder across the river and they are working OT every weekend to keep up.

moldingppm
14th March 2017, 05:44 PM
My employer is in a transition as the electrical division is booming and the interior is pretty much at a standstill until the next new model replacement. So we're pretty level but in a different direction versus years prior.
Rick.

I assume you guys do automotive molding? Good to hear that even with one side slow, the other has picked up. Always nice for that to happen

We do medical and are very busy!

KOM

brent

I feel like medical is always booming, which is good for you guys! Haha

Pretty busy, but we are our own customer. Some friends of mine work at a custom molder across the river and they are working OT every weekend to keep up.

That's good to hear. Maybe this year things will pick up for everyone...hopefully.

brosamer
9th June 2017, 03:40 PM
We are a smaller custom molder and we've never been busier. The last 2 years have been the busiest in the history of the company.

MTUHusky
9th June 2017, 08:06 PM
Mid-sized tier 2 automotive supplier. We make everything from connector tubes to wire harnesses. We have been kicking off new tools every week since the beginning of the year. Seems to me like business has been picking up significantly.

moldingppm
11th June 2017, 06:24 PM
I'm glad to hear everyone seems to be picking up, hopefully we feel the boom around our way sometime soon.

We are a smaller custom molder and we've never been busier. The last 2 years have been the busiest in the history of the company.
That's always a plus, glad to hear that. We had our highest sales in the early 2000's, and it dropped around 75% since, and it's been steady at the 25% mark. I'm hoping to start seeing results from our sales people soon...

Mid-sized tier 2 automotive supplier. We make everything from connector tubes to wire harnesses. We have been kicking off new tools every week since the beginning of the year. Seems to me like business has been picking up significantly.

That's what I've been hearing from the auto guys. We're a small custom molder, which I'm trying to grow out of eventually. I'd like to get into more automotive work, it's just seems like it's one of the most competitive industries to get into.

Flash
13th June 2017, 02:20 PM
custom molder and booming,so busy,can't afford to take time off!