PDA

View Full Version : Molder Certification

brentb
29th February 2012, 02:10 AM
ASQ has a very nice certification program for Quality Professionals. The tests are not free, but reasonably priced, and pretty well needed for advancement in the industry.

SPE seems pointed to sales people, and I guess always was. I heard that SPI was going to come up with something reasonable priced for the USA, but don't know of any progress. Canada has a system, but you must be a Canuk, I mean Canadian to certify. RJG is expensive, and not many colleges offer good processing courses, with the exception of Illinois State, and University of Massachuetses, er Masachusestes, er, U Mass at Lowel (Suhas' alma mater heck even the people who live there abbreviate the state).
I think there is a real need for an economical (not profit-driven) way of certifying molders for our industry.
I nominate Suhas to tackle the project! I don't expect the process to be free, but at least affordable, as molders are not in the field for money, or they would be managers!

Keep on Molding! Oh, I misspelled Certification in the title!

brent

Suhas
2nd March 2012, 12:31 AM
Thanks Brent. I wish I could spill the beans on a lot of my future plans but I cannot :) Thanks for nominating me. I will keep you informed. May be when you and ick retire you guys can move down to San Diego and we can all teach the classes. What do you say?
Suhas

brentb
2nd March 2012, 01:53 AM
You have a deal, my friend!

Keep on Molding!
brent

rickbatey
2nd March 2012, 05:41 PM
I don't think I want to work with a guy named 'ick'! But if he's not available, I would like to throw my name into the ring!
Rick.

brentb
3rd March 2012, 12:45 AM
I don't think I want to work with a guy named 'ick'! But if he's not available, I would like to throw my name into the ring!
Rick.

That's Icky's father!

Maybe my International Brotherhood of Injection Molders (IBIM) could certify molders? 1st requisite is a sense of humor!

Keep on Molding!

brent

Suhas
3rd March 2012, 06:25 AM
Yes, sense of humor is a must :) - Cool one. Sorry Rick ! I must have drinking ... hick! :) By the way, I am planing to recruit more people from the NPE show to join us here on the forum. I am giving out free 'Scientific Molding Software' - the 6-Step study to all those who register and post a question. What do you think?
Suhas

rickbatey
3rd March 2012, 10:54 PM
Suhas,
Sounds like a plan. I'm just afraid I'm not going to make it again!? And it so close to me this year!
I like the IBIM helping weed out the posers from the molders!
Now I've got to come up with a slogan, with Brent having the 'KOM' copyrighted!
Rick.

brentb
4th March 2012, 05:31 AM
Rick.
Ick and Rent work together, I think

KOM

brent

brentb
4th March 2012, 05:34 AM
Suhas,
Sounds like a plan. I'm just afraid I'm not going to make it again!? And it so close to me this year!
I like the IBIM helping weed out the posers from the molders!
Now I've got to come up with a slogan, with Brent having the 'KOM' copyrighted!
Rick.

Something with a Southern flair?

"Y'all continue Molding! Yuh Hear?

rickbatey
4th March 2012, 04:57 PM
I was thinking of more like a jingle, sung to the tune of 'Raw Hide', perhaps.
Molding, molding, molding.
Keep them presses slamming.
Molding.

But with that 'Suthern' inflection!
What do you think?
Rick.

brentb
5th March 2012, 01:27 AM
I was thinking of more like a jingle, sung to the tune of 'Raw Hide', perhaps.
Molding, molding, molding.
Keep them presses slamming.
Molding.

But with that 'Suthern' inflection!
What do you think?
Rick.

Yes, outstanding!