PDA

View Full Version : Two piece nozzles

tbramel
15th February 2017, 09:31 AM
We are currently in the process of changing out our one piece nozzles with two piece nozzles. I was wondering if there is a standard tolerance for mismatch between the nozzle body flow channel and the nozzle tip flow channel? If not any suggestions?

rickbatey
17th February 2017, 01:10 PM
Order full internal taper to eliminate dead spots in resin flow.
Rick.

Suhas
17th February 2017, 07:29 PM
Listen to Rick :)
Suhas

brentb
21st February 2017, 04:09 PM
Are you doing this for flexibility/cost/ease of change? By "two piece" do you mean replaceable tip(RT) nozzles?

KOM

brent

tbramel
22nd February 2017, 09:28 AM
brentb,

Doing this mostly for ease of change. And yes I am referring to replaceable tip nozzles.

brentb
22nd February 2017, 02:31 PM
In this case, this is one of a few times that you shouldn't" listen" to Rick nor to Suhas :)

PPE, IMS and Molder's Choice, all sell RT components. I am not aware of tolerances on mismatch, but never have had a problem, including medical resins like PL24.

MC has "E" tips for even greater flexibility. I use RT tips on most all jobs, for listed reasons.

You could contact a supplier for info of any existing tolerances.

KOM

brent

Suhas
1st March 2017, 02:34 PM
Tim,
Brent has more experience than me and so yes I agree with him that you you should not listen to me.
Glad the forum could help.
Thanks for posting all!
-Suhas

brentb
2nd March 2017, 01:12 PM
Tim,

Don't listen to Suhas about not listening to him! He is someone who has given so much to this industry and knowledge about it.
No one person knows it all, which is why this forum is so great.
One gains experience by learing from their mistakes!

KOM

brent