PDA

View Full Version : Mid 90's nissei problems

3NGLENN1889
27th January 2017, 01:15 PM
Hello all- We have 2 FS120 Nissei's. One has a NC-8300 controller, the other a NC-9000G controller. Yes I know, vintage stuff, mid 90's. Problem is both presses have no back pressure. Tapped into pressure points on the inject ends with a good hydraulic gauge. Both presses show inject high and pack pressures just fine, but maxing out the BP settings on the controllers (one has a mechanical valve adjustment also) no gauge readout of any kind. My maint guy is being a bit of a pr**k about looking into this, so... any input would be much appreciated. Wonder if anyone else has run into this with these models, or comparable. Thanks to any and all who respond. Hoping for a fix without dragging Nissei into it.

Xpump
27th January 2017, 10:28 PM
Hello, Been working on this type of machines for 23 years. Make sure your injection barrel is free of material as much as you can purge out, next make sure screw is fully forward,next make sure back pressure is at 0, next run inject cylinder fully back in manual then put inject fwd/bwd switch in neutral if the injection cylinder drifts forward more than 3 inches after you put switch in manual you need to rebuild inject cylinder due to air getting into injection unit preventing proper back pressure. there could be other issues but if your inject cylinder has bad seals you need to fix that first before you can have proper processing. Let me know how it goes. Where are you located at ?

3NGLENN1889
30th January 2017, 07:16 PM
Thanks Xpump. Am proceeding in the direction you suggested. One of the presses we're already aware of some issues. And we're located 20 miles south of Rochester N.Y. Take care and thanks again. G.P.

Xpump
1st February 2017, 11:20 PM
Thanks Xpump. Am proceeding in the direction you suggested. One of the presses we're already aware of some issues. And we're located 20 miles south of Rochester N.Y. Take care and thanks again. G.P.

Great to hear, hope this solves all your problems. I used to live in Erie, pa and worked at Caplugs Plastics company for 23 years in Maintenance. Moved to Cincinnati 6 months ago for better opportunities for my family. I know Rochester N.Y. very well. Stay in Touch its better when we all help each other. My Name is Jeff Hazlett if you are on Linkedin look me up ( I Just started a hobby business called Eriesistible Collectables). Take care