PDA

View Full Version : Butler 12/90H Injection Molding Press

DDesign
28th February 2012, 02:32 AM
Hi All,
Just purchased a Butler 12/90H Press and need a Burndy brand, 36-pin, rectangular cable connector for the controller box. Can't seem to find the part number for the connector...
Anyone out there have any experience with these machines? Seems like a very nice unit, and I can't wait to turn it on. The connector is functional, but does need replacing at some point. I don't have any experience with this type of machine, but it's similar to a Rabit 2/3 press, I believe. I'm used to running Morgan Presses, mostly; but this will be a nice addition to my benchtop-type injection presses.
Thanks, and glad to be here...
DD

Suhas
28th February 2012, 07:55 PM
Hello DD,
Honestly, this is the first time I am hearing of this press. I hope that someone will be able to help you out.
Thanks,
Suhas - Forum Administrator.

DDesign
28th February 2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks,
This press was built by Butler Design Ltd., in the UK. Don't think they're still in business. I think they may have been taken over by MCP, in the UK. MCP makes a nice, mini injection molding machine. These machines are used for micro-molding plastic parts.
DD

brentb
29th February 2012, 01:44 AM
Hi All,
Just purchased a Butler 12/90H Press and need a Burndy brand, 36-pin, rectangular cable connector for the controller box. Can't seem to find the part number for the connector...
Anyone out there have any experience with these machines? Seems like a very nice unit, and I can't wait to turn it on. The connector is functional, but does need replacing at some point. I don't have any experience with this type of machine, but it's similar to a Rabit 2/3 press, I believe. I'm used to running Morgan Presses, mostly; but this will be a nice addition to my benchtop-type injection presses.
DD

Where are you located, UK, Australia, certainly not Austria?

KOM

brent

DDesign
29th February 2012, 02:19 PM
Hi Brent,
I'm located in the USA...Missouri, to be exact.
DD

brentb
1st March 2012, 02:20 AM
Show me (us) the Butler!

Keep on Molding (even in MO)

brent

Medica
20th July 2016, 08:46 AM
Hi All,
DD

Hi,

We also have a Butler 12/90 (V) and have serious software problems. Could I have a copy of the program???
Do you still have that machine or do you wanted to sell the machine?

Looking forward to hear from you.

BR Gert (from Holland)

Marzan
10th December 2017, 12:35 AM
Hello all! Guess what? I have Aquired one of these Butler machines :) I have no knowledge of injection molding but I am keen to have a go. Here is a few piccies of it when I picked it up :) 230231232
Hopefully I can get it back to basics and that I can get it working. Hope I don't bore you all with questions. I am excited about getting this thing goig!!

Marz.

JayDub
11th December 2017, 09:54 PM
We have three of the MCP version of this piece of junk. I just spent a miserable year (although not as miserable as the maintenance guys) keeping these things limping along until we could transfer the product to new tooling on a real molding machine. The controller has very few inputs (not all of which actually do anything)and doesn't report any outputs except cushion (which drifts). Making parts with these abominations is like trying to run a bakery equipped with Hasbro Easy-Bake ovens. If I could charge our machine operators a dollar a time to smack one of these with a sledgehammer, I could finance my retirement.

Incidentally, MCP stopped making these about 3 years ago, so their support is minimal and grudging. Documentation such as operating or service manuals is non-existent.

Marzan
12th December 2017, 09:29 AM
Hmmm... Doesn't sound good. But I got it for nothing, and what I want to do isn't complicated, so I will give it a crack.
Marz.

Joel JS
14th December 2017, 02:18 PM
Hmmm... Doesn't sound good. But I got it for nothing, and what I want to do isn't complicated, so I will give it a crack.
Marz.

Well, it may work for simple parts, parts without tight critical dimensions...... and if it doesn't work out I am pretty sure JayDub will make you a juicy offer. ;)

Joel

JayDub
15th December 2017, 05:30 PM
Well, it may work for simple parts, parts without tight critical dimensions...... and if it doesn't work out I am pretty sure JayDub will make you a juicy offer. ;)

Joel

Yes, I may have a used sledgehammer available for cheap after we're done with it.

I do have to admit, though, that we were making parts the machine was probably never intended for. Glass-filled materials that need more pressure than the machine is capable of, plus hand loaded inserts that require the cavity to be all on one side of the (two) tie-bars, so any wear on the bushings lets the mold tip open - I have a (symmetrical) part on my desk that has shorting on the bottom and heavy flash on the top. All I can say is, I wasn't around when the machines were purchased.

Marzan
17th December 2017, 02:10 AM
Opened up the after market control box mounted on the right hand side of the unit and woah!! A nice Mitsubishi FX0S-30MR-ES/UL PLC!!! Looks like someone didn't like the original software! I know the machine was set to overmold on car mirrors, and there is a rotary switch with several different options off harness, so I guess that's why the PLC233234