PDA

View Full Version : Mold PM Program

hobda1ad
20th December 2016, 02:51 PM
Our Shop is ISO/TS certified and I've had a recent issue with our molding pm not being done and documented. has anyone else had a similar experience or have a solid pm program?

Our biggest hurdle is lack of a dedicated tooling person, as of now our president (Retired tool maker) is doing the PM's which he is OK doing but Its on my shoulders to give him a schedule.

I'm curious what a typical pm cycle would be on other shop's tooling, is it by shots or time? how do you set the shot or time frame.

My Idea was to have every tool PM'd every quarter or every 4 months. and base the high volume tools off of shot count, or a reduced monthly time frame.

iautry1973
20th December 2016, 08:13 PM
Our Shop is ISO/TS certified and I've had a recent issue with our molding pm not being done and documented. has anyone else had a similar experience or have a solid pm program?

Our biggest hurdle is lack of a dedicated tooling person, as of now our president (Retired tool maker) is doing the PM's which he is OK doing but Its on my shoulders to give him a schedule.

I'm curious what a typical pm cycle would be on other shop's tooling, is it by shots or time? how do you set the shot or time frame.

My Idea was to have every tool PM'd every quarter or every 4 months. and base the high volume tools off of shot count, or a reduced monthly time frame.

Pretty much everywhere I have been it is done on the shot count. I have been lucky and had tool makers in the plants so they always determined the amount of shots based on when they figured the tool would need it to avoid damage. Really depends on the tool and how its run as to interval however. I have seen paper tracking forms, mold tags, shot counters on the mold, excel spreadsheets, and even computer programs used. Being an ISO shop best to pick a simple system that can be followed by all the employees.