PDA

View Full Version : Thermolator w/Negative pressure

floorat
1st October 2016, 05:59 AM
Hi,

We currently use thermolators with negative pressure control from AEC.

They've seen better days and we are looking into replacing them, but aren't sure what brand we should try.

We bought one from Logic Corp (VT-2600), and now we are looking into other options.

Has anyone used a Mokon Duratherm NPS unit?

I've had good service from Mokon products before, but no experience with this model, so any insight would be appreciated.

Any other brands we should be looking into?

Thanks,

rat

brentb
3rd October 2016, 02:44 PM
You have named the big 3 on this side of the ocean(s).
Do you have many leaking molds?

KOM

brent

rickbatey
4th October 2016, 12:28 AM
I've used GWK but in the USA they don't stock parts so that can be an issue. The units can use pressure, vacuum, and even be set to cool a mold down to a given set point before pulling water out of mold and stopping. Not cheap either.
I used Mokon years ago and didn't like them. Prone to leak where piping was soldered together. I still think Conair is one of the toughest and longest lasting brands on the market.
Rick.

floorat
5th October 2016, 12:37 AM
Do you have many leaking molds?

No more than any other shop, mostly we use negative pressure to get through a run. There are a few long-term leakers with cracks that we continue to run as well.

Thanks for your input guys, If/When we make a purchase I'll keep you posted on how it works out.

Wittmann_Molder
14th October 2016, 07:33 PM
We use all Wittmann C90's / C200's. They are cheaper than others but we've put good miles on them with no issues. I highly recommend them :cool:

symphony
17th October 2016, 10:03 AM
Test response by Forum Admin...