PDA

View Full Version : Ambient Temperature

Alden86
8th September 2016, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know how much of an impact the room temperature or environment has on the process parameters. Using TPU material and a closed conveying system (such as Motan) or has anyone ever noticed a difference in the properties by the seasons?

brentb
9th September 2016, 01:24 PM
Are you drying the resin? I know you mention Motan. If you dry correctly and use a closed system, then the answer should be NO!

KOM

brent

KOM

Josue
21st September 2016, 07:23 PM
I have an issue, maybe not same as yours , but I ran a mold with PBT,,, if we keep the parts on the molding room (30C) the parts keep shrinking until 5 days,, 0.05mm

but if we send the parts to the ware house , (35-38C),, the parts shrink a lot immediately,,, we have a night mare with this , I know that the mold design its not the best and gates are contributing to increase the stress in the parts , but we have this diference with the room temperatures

regards

JayDub
22nd September 2016, 02:44 PM
I have an issue, maybe not same as yours , but I ran a mold with PBT,,, if we keep the parts on the molding room (30C) the parts keep shrinking until 5 days,, 0.05mm

but if we send the parts to the ware house , (35-38C),, the parts shrink a lot immediately,,, we have a night mare with this , I know that the mold design its not the best and gates are contributing to increase the stress in the parts , but we have this diference with the room temperatures

regards

Josue -

If you can ... Open up the gates, pack the parts hard (high pressure), and if you have an oven, try annealing at 50 or 60 C (or look up resin suppliers recommendations). The parts will shrink when you anneal them but should be more stable afterwards.

Josue
28th September 2016, 03:30 PM
Josue -

If you can ... Open up the gates, pack the parts hard (high pressure), and if you have an oven, try annealing at 50 or 60 C (or look up resin suppliers recommendations). The parts will shrink when you anneal them but should be more stable afterwards.

Jay
thanks for your advice