PDA

View Full Version : Foo Foo Dust

Wittmann_Molder
3rd August 2016, 02:03 AM
I have come across an invention that will change injection molding forever. Foo Foo Dust. It is clean, bio-degradable, renewable, and effective. No market fluctuation will ever cause the price to rise and fall completely opposite of a customers' demand for price decrease.

No poorly designed mold, inexperienced technician, or over-zealous supervisor will be able to override the results.

It is very simple to use. Simply:

Hear about the problem
Move towards the problem with a confident stride
Sprinkle Foo Foo Dust on the problem
Come up with a good reason why it all of a sudden worked

Simple as that.

And I promise, I won't try to ELIMINATE problems, but it will garner you fancy business cards where you can brag about having the Foo Foo.

And most importantly, when the Foo Foo application is complete, you must give credit where credit is due.

So with that, Thank you Suhas, Bill Tobin, Brent, JoeProcess, and the dozens of others I'm going to never forget. You all helped shape me in one way or another.

You know, back in the day I was pretty vocal (and not always in a good way). The "old forum" is a graveyard for my good and bad attitude (all bunched into 1). But while I look back at my upcoming 14th anniversary in plastics', I can't help but wonder where I would be without the guidance, advice, and encouragement of this community. All of you are what make this industry great.

When Suhas asked if I knew enough about Cincinnati's to go to Mexico I knew that I was destined to actually live up to my words. He eventually put the seed in my head to pursue 2-shot molding at one of the premiere molders in my area. I wasn't even close to being ready at the time but now I truly believe I can walk amongst my peers and hold my head high. I will probably never live up to the Hatch's, Klees's, Groleau's, or Blecks. But I will spread what I can and hope those seeds bear fruit some day in our industry.

Thank you to all of you.

And don't forget your Foo Foo....

-Milacron_Man

brentb
3rd August 2016, 02:31 PM
Back in the day, "Foo Foo Dust" was Stearates. Just a little dab (sprinkle) will do ya"!

You and I have to swap Cinci stories. I have to tell you about the old hydraulic presses and the "T" Line toggles and running the 220 ton Vistas at 5 second cycles.

Keep On Molding (KOM)

brent

Wittmann_Molder
6th August 2016, 02:42 AM
5 seconds?! Man, I did the bulk of my early years on Camac VEL's and 486's. That was (at best) dry cycle time. The one thing I loved though was the ability to touch (ehhem. I mean HIT) a certain area of the machine to get the desired result. Nothing a screw driver or lead hammer can't fix.

But I meant every word. I don't know any of you personally, but when I found this forum again I was ecstatic that I was able to catch up with all of you who helped me through MANY problems. I went years without posting much but a simple search for an issue (both on the old forum and this one) and I was able to pick the brains of industry vets and learn a BUNCH on the way.

Thanks again for that.

By the way, t-line toggles ain't got nothing on late 80's Kawaguchi.... :cool:

brentb
8th August 2016, 01:15 PM
5 seconds?! Man, I did the bulk of my early years on Camac VEL's and 486's. That was (at best) dry cycle time. The one thing I loved though was the ability to touch (ehhem. I mean HIT) a certain area of the machine to get the desired result. Nothing a screw driver or lead hammer can't fix.

But I meant every word. I don't know any of you personally, but when I found this forum again I was ecstatic that I was able to catch up with all of you who helped me through MANY problems. I went years without posting much but a simple search for an issue (both on the old forum and this one) and I was able to pick the brains of industry vets and learn a BUNCH on the way.

Thanks again for that.

By the way, t-line toggles ain't got nothing on late 80's Kawaguchi.... :cool:

Kawas, I got some stories about those! They were way ahead of their times. I really loved the memory cartridges that looked like 8 track tapes.
KOM
brent