PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati milacron

Flash
8th June 2016, 04:17 PM
I am stumped! Everything works,but there is a 20-30 second delay before the mold closes,and I don't have fast close. Doesn't matter if man,semi,auto.Took whole clamp manifold apart,checked all valves,solenoids,replaced both pumps for clamp end,cleaned filters. Any ideas would be appreciated. Cincinnati Milacron 250-20

brentb
8th June 2016, 04:39 PM
I am stumped! Everything works,but there is a 20-30 second delay before the mold closes,and I don't have fast close. Doesn't matter if man,semi,auto.Took whole clamp manifold apart,checked all valves,solenoids,replaced both pumps for clamp end,cleaned filters. Any ideas would be appreciated. Cincinnati Milacron 250-20

What year? Rexroth hydraulics? Toggle or hydraulic clamp? Might have been less expensive to get someone in than replacing pumps randomly! During the delay, do the pumps sound like they are trying to load?
Get a service man with a flow meter to diagnose the problem. Could be a valve shift problem. Is the delay consistent or erratic?

Been many years since I worked on Cinci presses!

KOM

brent

Flash
8th June 2016, 06:52 PM
Hi Brent,
Not 100% sure on age,guessing mid to late 80's
Vickers/Parker hydraulics
hydraulic clamp
pumps were worn,showed signs of chattering on middle ring on each pump
machine is quiet,don't her

3NGLENN1889
9th June 2016, 12:49 PM
Hi Brent-I asked my maint. guy about this, as we used Cinci's in the 80's. As it's been a long,long time ago- he mentioned valve numbers 107 or 109 to check. You must have a pilot pressure of 250#, even at idle. What type of control, and is there a 7TR in the logic pac (high volume delay)? Good luck and keep us posted.
G.P.

3NGLENN1889
9th June 2016, 01:06 PM
Hi again Brent- maint guy checked his old schematics and said check psi @209 pilot pressure @ 250. check 107 sequence pressure @450 psi.
need to know what kind of controller you have also, some thing about adjustable pots etc.

Flash
9th June 2016, 05:09 PM
Thank you guys,psi at 209 and 107 are reading correctly. 7tr times out and then solenoid is actuated,but there is still delay.checked psi at P104,only reading 600 psi,not reading psi at P105. seams like everything dumping to tank,but can't seem to find cause.I noticed,When I removed check valve 135,to bypass the hyd.safety,then the press would close fine with no delay. so I'm going to look at hyd.safety

rickbatey
10th June 2016, 06:39 AM
I'm sorry you are working on that brand of press! With that said; is there a core or ejection running on time turned on? I've seen that before on a Magna model press.
Rick.

Flash
13th June 2016, 04:30 PM
After all that,I'm kicking myself in the ass! Ended up being a broken spring in the hydraulic safety. Thanks for everyone's help!

brentb
14th June 2016, 01:25 PM
After all that,I'm kicking myself in the ass! Ended up being a broken spring in the hydraulic safety. Thanks for everyone's help!

Thanks for letting us know! Who found that? Simple maybe but hard to find!

KOM

brent

Flash
14th June 2016, 08:08 PM
One of my maint. guys figured out to bypass the hyd.safety, then I proceeded to take valve apart and found broken spring. Didn't look broke by actuation of valve,but apparently just enough where spool didn't shift all the way. Thanks again for all the ideas!