PDA

View Full Version : Metal Separator/Vacuum Question

Shorty
27th January 2016, 06:04 PM
We have an electronic metal separator that we need to use for regrind.
Here is a little info, the big boss wants to put a hose the same diameter as the pipe on the MS which is 2.500'', all the way from where the regrind (gaylord box) to be filtered to the vacuum on the hopper which has about 1.6875'' ID. The vacuum will be about 10' high.
What I'm wondering, will a 1900 per hour vacuum be powerful enough? and will the reduction in the hole diameter be a problem?
I'm wanting to know before we spend $2000 on something that won't work.

Thanks,

Josue
27th January 2016, 08:57 PM
We have an electronic metal separator that we need to use for regrind.
Here is a little info, the big boss wants to put a hose the same diameter as the pipe on the MS which is 2.500'', all the way from where the regrind (gaylord box) to be filtered to the vacuum on the hopper which has about 1.6875'' ID. The vacuum will be about 10' high.
What I'm wondering, will a 1900 per hour vacuum be powerful enough? and will the reduction in the hole diameter be a problem?
I'm wanting to know before we spend $2000 on something that won't work.

Thanks,

I think you should ask to the equipment supplier for an advice,

Shorty
2nd February 2016, 08:52 PM
Thanks, I did. One said theirs wouldn't work, the other sent me a sketch of what he thought I was talking about but it wasn't.
I got an idea that might work if I can talk to the guys into building it.
Thanks,

Edward Brooks
5th February 2016, 06:45 AM
hey everyone,
I think metal separation is a critical process within a Materials Recovery Facility. Firstly it may involve the separation of high value commodity products..on the other side,its removal the importance of effective operation of downward activities such as secondary shredding and optical sorting..
Thanks