PDA

View Full Version : Lifter and Slide shutting of on each other.

miuraj10
14th January 2016, 04:06 PM
I have a proposed design that would result in a slide and lifter shutting off on one another. I am looking for any potential issues this may cause with the mold, ie risks associated with this approach.

Thanks!

Josue
14th January 2016, 04:53 PM
I have a proposed design that would result in a slide and lifter shutting off on one another. I am looking for any potential issues this may cause with the mold, ie risks associated with this approach.

Thanks!

Flash or big parting line I think could happen

rickbatey
14th January 2016, 06:32 PM
It's not what molders want but at times there's no other way to tool the part. It may prove tough to keep it from damage or flashing but that will depend on the skill level in the shop.
Rick.

miuraj10
15th January 2016, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the replies. Understand the risk associated with flash. Anyway to mitigate this?

In terms of damage, just the potential collision between the two when the shutoff on one another? What are the components most likely to be damaged?

pjhall
15th January 2016, 08:43 PM
If the sides come in with the lifters out..OUCHH Make sure you have some positive KO / return (Tie in KO's, use return bars on top/bottom of the mold, mold close interlock switch at KO plate return). Like Rick said its not ideal, but sometime there is no other option.