PDA

View Full Version : Mold will only run in manual not in fully auto

Monomer
6th November 2015, 05:10 PM
We are currently running a 3 plated mold with a stripper plate in the middle. When we try to run the mold in fully auto the hole mold falls apart. When the parts are run in manually the mold will run and produce parts fine. Any idea as to what is going on?
?

rickbatey
6th November 2015, 06:36 PM
The press probably is using one set of paramaters for hand and another in auto. That's not so unusual. What brand press and year? I remember some old toggles had to set the mechanical stop in the cylinder to stop breaking the straps on three plate moods. Some other brands also allow for mechanical devices to stop over travel when opening.
Rick.

Monomer
6th November 2015, 07:03 PM
The press probably is using one set of paramaters for hand and another in auto. That's not so unusual. What brand press and year? I remember some old toggles had to set the mechanical stop in the cylinder to stop breaking the straps on three plate moods. Some other brands also allow for mechanical devices to stop over travel when opening.
Rick.

Its a 1999 1750 ton toshiba

rickbatey
7th November 2015, 12:55 AM
Hydraulic clamp, yes? I think you need to put the mold in a toggle press and something with a faster more precise controller. With a hydraulic clamp it will be hard to make enough opening pressure and still have control over the speed and stopping position without over travel from hydraulic psi and inertia.
I do think there's a place around clamping cylinder that is threaded so you can mount solid stops.
Rick.

Airwinghma
8th November 2015, 06:20 PM
Greetings;

If you have to run in a hydraulic clamp press:

Do you need a hard bump at clamp open to dislodge the runner? A momentary air blow might help removing the runner.

If yes, use mechanical stops, install if needed. If you have a robot run slow like below and pick the runner.

If you can run with a sight or no bump you can creep your clamp open, extreme use clamp open breakaway to about .5 inch from total open. Kills the cycle time. If you cannot get the clamp to run slow with the settings the valve tuning might be ramped up.

Scott

brentb
9th November 2015, 04:00 PM
We are currently running a 3 plated mold with a stripper plate in the middle. When we try to run the mold in fully auto the hole mold falls apart. When the parts are run in manually the mold will run and produce parts fine. Any idea as to what is going on?
?

Please define "falls apart? Do you mean breaking pullers or stripper bolts or what?

KOM

brent

Monomer
9th November 2015, 04:32 PM
Please define "falls apart? Do you mean breaking pullers or stripper bolts or what?

KOM

brent

Yes, the pullers and stripper bolts seem to be falling apart or breaking.

Jorge Villegas
12th November 2015, 12:09 PM
have you tried running on automatic, but on dry cycle (not injecting) and make the mould open 50mm less ( if the mould allows it). I had a similar issue with a cheap machine. The machine just wasn´t able to brake ok time and the machine just went crazy. We had to open the mould very slow and this allowed the machine to run on automatic

Josue
18th November 2015, 08:21 PM
I also don't understand "fall a parts" please explain

thanks