PDA

View Full Version : Molding machines Replacement

Josue
21st October 2015, 05:28 PM
Hi
Question: How long time do you consider to replace a molding machine, I mean, do you have rule?,, I know the machine could continue working over 20 years,,, but do you have some consideration or rule , even if the machine its working,,

In our case our machines finish depreciation after 5~7 years,, but decision to replacement its based only in the qty of cash that we start to invest, example, we have a machine with 18 years, and we already replace the pump and others, but continue present fails, so we will consider soon to replace

how about you?

best regards

rickbatey
21st October 2015, 06:18 PM
I think you have to consider spare part availability, energy efficiency as well as process capability, fastest cycle time and foot print. Today's machines are so much more energy efficient, repeatable, faster, and smaller than previous models. I thought they'd last forever at one point too but I now see machines 3-5 years apart and the newest one just about runs circles around the older one! Oh don't forget oil leaks in you repair costs. I just saw an older machine have the pumps replaced and then rupture a hard OE line!!
Rick.

Sunsmart
23rd October 2015, 04:24 AM
Repair and maintenance is very important. I have seen a factory who hired professional technical to help do the reparing and certian maintence to keep the molding machine work very well till now already 13 years.
Sunsmart