PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator Tip

Suhas
31st July 2015, 03:44 PM
Hello Rick, Brent,
Please educate us about the Eliminator Tip by Sam Kern. I thought it was only for controlling the drool. But you have used it for hot manifolds also? Please enlighten!
Suhas

rickbatey
1st August 2015, 02:07 PM
All,
I haven't used it for a manifold but I did manage to rid myself of the cold slugs when running B+C pillar seatbelt bezels at another plant. Plus we ran Ultra Form POM without freeze offs and shear heating the resin. Plus we resized all of the sprues in the molds so we never had to change the tips again.
I wasn't going to purchase a tip to test but Sam and I live close to one another. He kept telling me to try one and he had just moved them to Molders Choice as the supplier. I ordered a short button tip, it did EXACTLY what Sam said it would and three weeks later I bought one like three inches long for the other Niigata. I believe we will order one here to test as well on ABS/PC trim plates and storage bins.
Rick.

Suhas
4th August 2015, 11:48 PM
Thanks Rick,
I think I am going to try one out for the next nylon job. I had an issue but this did not come to mind.
I think now I will.
thanks,
Suhas

brentb
7th August 2015, 03:52 PM
Hello Rick, Brent,
Please educate us about the Eliminator Tip by Sam Kern. I thought it was only for controlling the drool. But you have used it for hot manifolds also? Please enlighten!
Suhas

It can be used on a hot runner/hot sprue, but I only see advantages with cold runner molds. You can drop nozzle tip temp dramatically with this tip to control drool WITHOUT "cold slugging". Don't need cardboard with nylon either. You can leave it on for hot runner tools though!
I you track process data, you can see advantage with cold sprue/runner.

Sam had a stroke a couple of years back, and no longer works. We had a phone conversation about a month ago, he always was long-winded on the phone ( I hate phones), and can walk and talk now, but not in detail, especially about molding. He is a nice human being.
The new "E tip" from Molder's Choice is supposed to be an improvement. It works at least as well as the original. It is nice to have to only worry about radius and orifice on a nozzle.
I asked JB about this, and he also recommended it and talked well about Sam.

KOM

brent

Airwinghma
7th August 2015, 05:01 PM
Greetings;

I'm sold and will be getting a few to try out, always hate to use cardboard on nylon jobs, but they will not run without, for the most part.

Scott