PDA

View Full Version : Production/Process Monitoring Software?

mash21
2nd July 2015, 03:41 PM
Hi everyone.

I would like to hear everyone's input on Production/Process Monitoring Software.

We want to see real time data on the production floor. We also want to do process monitoring, so if a parameter is entered wrong from a standard someone gets notified. Recording and analyzing the data is also a must. We need to be able to store the data and analyze what is causing the most downtime, scrap, etc.

So far we have looked at Mattec, IQMS, Plantstar, custom Monitoring software (GE, Wonderware, AB, Ignition).

Mattec: Looks okay, but $$$$$$
IQMS: No info yet
Plantstar: Looks dated, not sure if their process monitoring works well, no software to analyze data.
Custom: You get what you want, but integrators have little experience with IMMs

Anyone else use a system that works well and is fairly affordable? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

cdotjdot
3rd July 2015, 12:40 AM
in the injection molding world I have only worked with mattec.. It is a very good program but the miu's are junk I personally would explore something custom made by an Allan Bradley or Emerson process management

Airwinghma
8th July 2015, 09:25 PM
Greetings;

Have experience with Mattec and EPOS, before Mattec bought them and yes the MIU's suck we had a maintenance guy calibrating them daily. We were told by the president of Mattec to tough it out. We them bought Shotscope, Way better and I believe Husky owns it now. Making custom units is OK as long as you have the same machine/model for ease of duplication down the line, too much work if your shop varies in makes and models.

Scott

mash21
14th July 2015, 05:29 PM
Any system we purchase will connect directly to the IMM PLC and read data tags. I refuse to connect to analog sensors and do calibrations for exactly the reason you stated Scott.

We have also looked at systems that are custom made like Allen Bradley, GE, Wonderware and Ignition, but they lack the experience communicating with the IMM PLCs.

I have never heard of Shotscope. Are they able to communicate directly to IMM PLCs? We have mostly Engel and Van Dorn.

Airwinghma
14th July 2015, 07:46 PM
Most monitoring systems steal signals from the IMM via extra sensors, the systems sold by the IMM OEM will be able to communicate with the IMM's PLC and use the data within.

Shotscope was the same used extra sensors when I used it. http://www.husky.co/EN-US/Shotscope-NX.aspx But now is owned by husky so I don't know anymore.

Scott