PDA

View Full Version : Choice of material

nemanja
18th April 2015, 01:13 PM
Hi,

I have problem with choseing of material for closing holes in hausings where i need later to do overmold.
Overmold is on 2-6 bars of preassure material is PA, on temperature of 220-230C.
Now i need to find some material that i can put on housins with hand (or suringe) and after few hours this material will be ready to go in machine.
Till now we used silicone, but process is to messy and before puting in machine there is loot of cleaning of housings, so preparation process is extremly slow.

BR,
Nemanja.

rickbatey
19th April 2015, 07:23 PM
Nemanja-I'm not clear on your issue and what you're trying to do. Can you try to explain again?
Rick

nemanja
20th April 2015, 05:27 AM
Sorry for bad explanation,

I make few pictures in hope that will be more clear situation that i have here.

I tryed to find some sort of epoxy resin but none of companies that make them/sell them cant guarantee me that will hold temperature of 230C.
Baisicly I need something that have enough density not to flow over whole houseing, hold temperature and preassure of 3 bars, and that is posible to put on by hand or some sort of hand tools.

Sorry if i made grammatical errors or misspelled, english is not my first language. :)

Best regards,
Nemanja.

rickbatey
20th April 2015, 06:35 PM
Nemanja, English IS my first language but between the South and North, Mid-westerners and California, we have trouble understanding one another.
From what I see you need a gasket/seal material for the electrical connection. You want to hand apply them but there are systems that use robots to dispense the sealant or why not over-mold the finished part? I know Loctite in the US is probably the largest supplier of these chemicals. But I'm sure there are soft resins that could do the job and be easier to work with.
Rick.

nemanja
21st April 2015, 05:17 AM
There is machines and resins for them, but for my boss at the moment quantity of product is not that big to invest money. But for me widouth one is not posible to make proper quantity widouth minimum scrap parts.
Orders not big for investment, but big enough not to lose them. Hell in production. :D
Thank you for replay, i will try to contact local Locktite supplyer and see what they can offer me.

BR,
Nemanja.

brentb
21st April 2015, 01:55 PM
There is machines and resins for them, but for my boss at the moment quantity of product is not that big to invest money. But for me widouth one is not posible to make proper quantity widouth minimum scrap parts.
Orders not big for investment, but big enough not to lose them. Hell in production. :D
Thank you for replay, i will try to contact local Locktite supplyer and see what they can offer me.

BR,
Nemanja.

RTV in a caulk gun=<$20USD?

KOM

brent

nemanja
23rd April 2015, 10:38 AM
RTV in a caulk gun=<$20USD?

KOM

brent

We alredy tryed this, and that silicone is not strong enough to hold teperature, and also is always to messy, and we need to have some parts of connector absolutley clean.
Tomorow we will have visit from some resin dealers, and we will see what they have to offer as solution.

BR,
Nemanja.