PDA

View Full Version : What is JAM bar?

NskNsk
1st March 2015, 04:41 PM
Hi Friend,
What is JAM Bar in injection molding machine?

Thank

Suhas
1st March 2015, 05:19 PM
Hello,
You are probably referring to a safety feature. When the door is open, the jam bar will not let the mold close.
It is also a bar where people go jam after a hard days's job of molding. Have you seen one of these?
Suhas

rickbatey
1st March 2015, 06:38 PM
Every machine manufactured has three safeties on the door in case one of them fails, to protect you when the door is open from the mold closing. The JAM bar is a mechanical system ; the door switches are electrical; and then there is a valve that is opened when the door closes which is the hydraulic safety. Is your JAM bar a manually set unit of an automatic one? The difference is on early IMM's you had to manually set the length of the rod for each mold that ran to allow the arm to drop down so that the mold couldn't close. New IMM's are automatic as the bar has notches cut into it every 4-5" and don't require manual adjustments.
Rick.

NskNsk
3rd March 2015, 01:22 PM
Thanks both of you.I'm very happy about your answer.I'm trying to understand about IMMs.
I got an idea about jam bar.
I have seen a jam bar in Ferromatik Milacron-Omega 150 IMM.
Its like this,
http://i.imgur.com/yn3w5jn.png?1

It has something like a liver in stationary platen side.It may be manually adjustment system.
I had not any idea about jam bar.I haven't time to explore about jam bar in my factory.because,IMM is always running. :(
Now I have a idea about jam bar.