PDA

View Full Version : Clamp on 990 not functioning

Becangle
28th April 2014, 06:14 PM
We are having a problem with an Engel 990T press. The clamp moves 2” and stop. Pumps stay kicked up only 500 psi. Clamp opens fine 2000 psi.

Things I have checked:
- servo valve shows movement feedback
- safety cartridge is moving
- Door switch are good
- ejector and clamp transducer appear ok
- all coils are energized
- All cartridges in clamp manifold seem free

I have run through all possible over-the-phone troubleshooting with Engel and gone through everything I can come up with three times. They are giving me the run around on a tech. Every three days they tell me three more days and I really need to get back up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for suggestions/ideas or the name of a good tech that I could get out here in a jiffy.

rickbatey
29th April 2014, 04:49 AM
Exactly what style clamp is this? I think you have, if equipped, a Sitema closing safety that is not opening. Hence the 500 psi pump command to unlock them. They can be jacked open with a long 6 mm bolt to test the theory.
If a different clamping system w/o Sitemas, look for bad ice cube relay for high speed close or if an earlier Duo, one or more of the pistons for the A/B room separation are stuck open. That's normally a tear down to rebuild. So what type clamp do you have?
Rick.

rickbatey
29th April 2014, 04:54 AM
It could also be a high speed cylinder leaking most of the oil across the seal, but doubtful. Another suspect item; press is looking for another item in the close sequence to happen. Can you go to alarm page and get status messages to scroll through? That would point out where the issue lies.
BTW-what controller is this? Never worked on CC90, but got time in on CC 100 + 200 now days.
Rick.