PDA

View Full Version : Still Molding?

brentb
10th November 2011, 04:16 AM
Kinda quiet,are there any Molders alive out there?
Has Suhas run out of words and advice?

Keep on Molding!

brent

Suhas
10th November 2011, 12:58 PM
Hello Brent,
I am here, always here. The forum is going to be slow to catch on. But eventually I know this will happen. I am nit sure what is a good way to advertise the forum. I wish I had taken the email IDs of the people from the previous IMM forum.
I am always here to give my advice. May not be always right but I can give an opinion.
Saludos!
Suhas

rickbatey
10th November 2011, 04:01 PM
Still molding myself! I wonder at times why I stay in Automotive!? Perhaps its all of the automation, surreal part and mold designs, the challenges that come with the territory. Or perhaps the fumes have gotten to me?

brentb
11th November 2011, 04:00 AM
Hello Brent,
I am here, always here. The forum is going to be slow to catch on. But eventually I know this will happen. I am nit sure what is a good way to advertise the forum. I wish I had taken the email IDs of the people from the previous IMM forum.
I am always here to give my advice. May not be always right but I can give an opinion.
Saludos!
Suhas

I won't say to post a free ad on the "Other Forum"!

brent

Zehrmldr
17th November 2011, 11:02 PM
Yep, just fired up a job on flex,PVC. Playing with our new Engel 160 and 400.

pjhall
18th November 2011, 03:19 AM
Man the "Other Forum" was great until they changed the format. Now you go there and people keep "Necro-posting" 3 year old threads. Eventually the almighty Bill Tobin will find this forum... I remember a thread some years ago when Bill went on a tirade about "Snotty East Coast Schools". Being a U-Mass Lowell grad I had to jump in the mix and defend. Was just some good fun!

Suhas
18th November 2011, 05:33 AM
PJ! That was good fun, I jumped on Bill too. I wonder if we can find that thread. I think I went back and forth at least a couple times.
Well, thanks for being active here. I am sure we will be THE forum some day soon. Any of you come down to San Diego? Let me know. Dinner and drinks on me!
Suhas

brentb
19th November 2011, 12:44 AM
I believe Bill knows of this place. Bill jumps on everyone, he is like the Andy Rooney of molding! He never claimed to be PC, and in person he is the same as in print!. He was my first molding mentor, mentorship is a lifetime position. The molding world would be duller without Bill Tobin.

From now on can we refer to The Other Forum as TOF? Speaking of which, Suhas, I have read and reread your book and am ready to review it if I can be so presumptuous. I could post it on TOF if you think it would be Ok.

I would give it a favorable review, even though it was written by an East Coast Elitist.

Keep on Molding

brent

Suhas
20th November 2011, 03:15 PM
Hey Brent, I am confused. What is the other forum? I would love to get a review on the book. Let me ask Hanser if they want to publish it somewhere also.
I agree about Bill. But I am not sure he knows about this place. (Andy Rooney - that was funny!)
Thanks
Suhas

brentb
23rd November 2011, 02:03 AM
Suhas, that would be the PT forum.