PDA

View Full Version : stuck plastic in mold insert, how to get out

rjmorel
29th January 2014, 08:39 PM
In trying out a new mold all was going well till a part stuck in the mold with the ejection pin blowing through it. Material is acetal M90 and the part is 1.4" long and shaped kinda like a horse shoe .250x.350 outside dim ,so it's pretty small but long part. The legs are only .035 wide so I can't get much of a tool in there to try and push part out. So question is "how do you get stuck parts out of mold insert that you can't really go in after because of the small size like long deep ribs? " Can you bun them out? or use a chemical to eat out the plastic w/o harming the steel insert thanks, rj

Chris
29th January 2014, 09:41 PM
hello RJ,
welcome to the forum.

this has been discussed here
http://www.injectionmoldingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338

I'm not sure if anyone in there mentioned a product from slide, it will dissolve the part as well.

good luck

Chris

katie87
13th October 2014, 04:41 AM
I think the stuck mold is pulled out with the help of shot and make sure that the mold temperature reduce very slowly.

Josue
14th October 2014, 10:53 PM
Use a pcs o paper, , thin as possible , set in the stuck part , and close and open the mold, this may release the packed pcs

pjhall
22nd October 2014, 06:41 AM
Paper method will probably will not work with a part this small, but remember this tidbit. Small amount of TP can do wonders getting a stuck part out!!!! Pull the tool and put it on the bench if your having that much trouble getting it out. Its better to be looking at it from the front while "digging". Work carefully. One of my favorite tools is a hose clamp. plenty of slotted holes to grab.

Another method, is to put a piece of purge in the mold, close it up under low tonnage. Leave it there for a few and try to eject. If you have slides, maybe not!!!!!