PDA

View Full Version : Recycle 100% issue

Josue
29th January 2014, 07:24 PM
Hi,, continue with saving cost, this time directly from management, request us to make some gaskets with 100% recycle, Im afraid this could cause some troubles not only with final part but also with injection process ,, did you have some experience using 100% recyle pp+Gf, or another resin and what was your results?

regards

rickbatey
30th January 2014, 04:37 AM
I've ran numerous parts with varying amounts of regrind, up to 100%. When you have regrind that's not been damaged by over temp when first ran, it's clean,dust free regrind, regardless if it must be dried; with a good stable process/press. You should be able to drop it and run WITHOUT a single change! Just pick your parts wisely and if possible make sure you ran and ground the parts!!
Rick.

Suhas
31st January 2014, 06:26 PM
Hi Josue,
Adding to Rick, remember that also the quality of the regrind is important. If you are generating this in house, then make sure that the molding process where it is coming from is not maxed out as far as melt temps and shear rates are concerned. If you have already degraded the plastic and the glass fibres then you may not be able to use it.
But as Rick says you should experiment and use it.
All the best.
Suhas

Josue
31st January 2014, 07:31 PM
Hi Josue,
Adding to Rick, remember that also the quality of the regrind is important. If you are generating this in house, then make sure that the molding process where it is coming from is not maxed out as far as melt temps and shear rates are concerned. If you have already degraded the plastic and the glass fibres then you may not be able to use it.
But as Rick says you should experiment and use it.
All the best.
Suhas

Thank you,,, I already start to make samples, so far, I cant find any variation in the molding process, next step will be to check the strenght test values to compare,,,yes we are generating this recycle in house,,and yes we need to be very carefully with mix or another issues that we already experience in the past

thank you

pjhall
31st January 2014, 10:28 PM
Now that you are using regrind remember that if you grind it up again, you may run into issues. 2nd and 3rd and....generations of regrind will start to cause issues.

MoukiWisey
10th February 2014, 02:36 AM
I also run the screw full stroke, both directions,before charging screw.

---------------------------
To be able to look stylish one must wear stylish clothes. I think I'll have to treat myself to a new womens naughty sexy babydolls (http://www.beluring.com/sexy-babydolls) soon.