PDA

View Full Version : Pack and Hold profiles.

kelly c
21st September 2013, 05:11 AM
Hello , I am a prototype molder and our shop has acquired a HPM 330 allrounder, now this machines injection page shows the normal vel. , fill time , trans. point , pressures and so forth.
My question lies on the pack and hold settings ... after transfer it shows 2 settings, one above and one below, both pack and hold. seconds, psi and % with a line sepperating them. Meaning it seems to have 2 pack and holds . Someone , a rep fron DuPont, said he has never seen this scenario before! I think it may be asking for the RAMP up time, pressure, and % of velocity.
Thanks for any input, Kelly ........... I will take a picture and post tomorrow .

kelly c
21st September 2013, 11:19 PM
file:///C:/Users/Kelly_2/Downloads/photo(294).JPG

pjhall
22nd September 2013, 06:26 AM
Photo not there. Please attach the photo and we will be able to help you,

kelly c
26th September 2013, 11:55 PM
I think theese pictures will help !
https://kcheladyn.shutterfly.com/pictures/10

I hope this isnt a rookie question,.... but what is it asking me for ? % of what, and why 2 areas for seconds?

kelly c
27th September 2013, 12:01 AM
pjhall, Here are a couple pics!... any input is valuable to me! Thanks kelly

Here is this better.?

kelly c
27th September 2013, 05:39 AM

Is this better.....

rickbatey
28th September 2013, 12:38 AM
I think the top number is set point of time, the bottom is elapsed. The velocity is for hold and pack speed. You have what looks like one pack and one holding phase. Rick.

kelly c
28th September 2013, 02:55 AM
I think the top number is set point of time, the bottom is elapsed. The velocity is for hold and pack speed. You have what looks like one pack and one holding phase. Rick.

Well... ? All of those numbers are changeable ? so elapsed time? ... I guess what I am asking is what% is it asking for.. Vel, or press ?

I put a easy mold in today and fooled around, and it seems the % is velocity, the top seconds are for how long you are on ,
the bottom seconds are build time to reach the set %? so I set the bottom sec. at .01 to transfer quickly? then the same on hold. But still a little confused, as pressure settings dont seem to affect , unless i set them at ZERO, its all based on the %? ... which means % of velocity ? Or am I just not explaining this correctly?
Again I am sorry ... kelly
oh , the numbers highlited in blue are changeable,...the actuals are shown in the box

rickbatey
28th September 2013, 06:25 PM
I'm not familiar with this press or controller. But I think the top is time over all for the stage, the % is for ramping down like how fast it drops and the bottom time is for the ramping down over time.
Perhaps Brent will see this and clear the waters I'm muddying up.
Rick.

kelly c
28th September 2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks Rick, You are not muddying up the water at all, It is starting to make perfect sense to me!
% of speed ramp DOWN... it seems to drop right off then tries to build again, almost like its ramp up time?
But I agree it has to be Down time of % of speed and how many seconds you want for that to occur.
Now the pressure, on top , how much does that effect the overall speed? seems to have very little effect .
I think I am just a rookie with this controller?
Command 4000 controller..... or maico 4000 from barber coleman . That is what this controller is, but as you know they can all be programmed by the specefic manufacturer... which happens to be HPM who is no longer in business, And the people who aquired the assets want 550$ for the manual!
So you guys can send me a bill when all my questions are answered !! LOL
Thank's Kelly

Josue
2nd October 2013, 08:07 PM
Well im not an expert, but the % es related to the % of the Speed that you want to set for this especific parameter (Hold or packing_),, basically its the same Hold or pack,,, and this speed doest affect so much as the time and pressure that you set in this area, becarefull not over pack,,, my opinion,,, regards

brentb
3rd October 2013, 01:57 PM
I'm not familiar with this press or controller. But I think the top is time over all for the stage, the % is for ramping down like how fast it drops and the bottom time is for the ramping down over time.
Perhaps Brent will see this and clear the waters I'm muddying up.
Rick.
I will try to answer when I get time, but the pic showing position pressure and time, I think lets you select how to transfer?
Keep on Molding!

brentb
3rd October 2013, 02:24 PM
I think theese pictures will help !

I hope this isnt a rookie question,.... but what is it asking me for ? % of what, and why 2 areas for seconds?

Could be % of maximum velocity, and the " areas of seconds is probably splitting up 2nd stage injection into pack and hold.
Keep on Molding
brent

kelly c
8th October 2013, 10:17 PM
Thank's brent, I molded some experimental, BASF 35% Endure, straight from the lab on saturday!
Everyone was there, wow was I nervous, but managed to successfully mold BEAUTIFUL parts !
I have come to the conclusion that ,as you say, I can transfer on ..Pressure, Time, or position..so % is the % of whatever "MODE" you choose !! Position meaning ..How fast you reach your trans. ie : Speed or velocity ..wich are one in the same ! LOL
I couldnt have figured this without everyones help... THANK YOU !! Kelly ...Especially you BRENT !!

KEEP ON MOLDING !!!! :cool:

Oh..Theese parts are 2 piece endcaps for a charge air cooler that get vibration welded together then crimmped onto an a
aluminum body for a turbocharged diesel. 4 parts total, two body's ,one inlet, one outlet. Then two caps that get
welded to on to the body's. The caps and the outlet are ENDURE 35%, The inlet is 35% ULTRAMID.
All molds are prototype aluminum tools, with multiple loose pieces to be removed between shots !!

brentb
9th October 2013, 05:54 PM
" All is well that ends well"!

Glad you molded nice parts! It is a good feeling isn't it? Betcha ya had a good weekend after that!

Yes, "Keep on Molding!

brent

tim12871
12th October 2013, 11:06 PM
Ramp time down for your pack and hold with % of pressure. Its like a pack and hold profile.