PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Suhas

brentb
22nd August 2013, 05:59 PM
In his latest "news Letter" Suhas explains WHY one uses a charge delay when doing viscosity curves. Many "gurus" tell you to do it that way, but don't explain WHY (basic tenant of scientific molding is getting to the why)

Suhas provides a great service.
Keep on Molding!

brent

rickbatey
22nd August 2013, 10:33 PM
Uh?, who do I have to make uncomfortable advances towards to get one for myself?
Rick.

Suhas
23rd August 2013, 04:16 AM
Thanks Brent and I will reply in detail after I reply to my other good friend Rick ... Rick, are you not in my email list?? I thought you were and if not, apologies my friend. I will add you right away. But here is the link to the post on my website: http://fimmtech.com/index.php?id=6&subid=53 (http://fimmtech.com/index.php?id=6&subid=53)
Thanks again Brent. Just like you, I love this stuff and so I need people to understand and so I do my best. I started with about a 100 slides for my seminar and today I have about 360. I keep adding more and more to make things simpler.
The next one I am going to write about is post mold shrinkage ... I think.
Thanks all for reading and contributing here.
Suhas

pjhall
24th August 2013, 12:36 AM
In his latest "news Letter" Suhas explains WHY one uses a charge delay when doing viscosity curves. Many "gurus" tell you to do it that way, but don't explain WHY (basic tenant of scientific molding is getting to the why)

Suhas provides a great service.
Keep on Molding!

brent

Amen Brent!!!

Here is a quote from Professor Stephen Oroth from U-Mass Lowell during the first safety lecture (7:30 am every Wednesday...YUCK) for incoming sophomores (first year is general Engineering classes).

"Greeting Sophomores, Your here today because you will be doing some plastics processing in your Processing Lab. This lab will teach you some of the 'HOW'. Your classes will teach you the 'WHY'. To know the 'WHY' without the 'HOW' is worthless. So, with that said its best that all of you get a job in the plastics field you would like to work in and learn as much of the 'HOW' from experienced Engineers and Technicians. Again, To know the 'WHY' with out the 'HOW' is worthless."

Suhas
24th August 2013, 07:17 PM
Thanks PJ. You bring back the memories of the Safety lecture :) every Wednesday. I would go sleep back in there :) Jokes apart, Prof O! - One of the greatest humans on this planet. I was humbled when he walked up to me with a copy of my book and said - 'I have bought your book' and followed it up with some great compliments. The words you have up here are so true. Thanks for sharing them. I think I am going to make a poster out of this and put it up in my office and may be even give it out to the seminar attendees. What do you think?? I have attached his pic here - I taught three seminars this year. This one was from the June Seminar.
Suhas

brentb
26th August 2013, 07:23 PM
Uh?, who do I have to make uncomfortable advances towards to get one for myself?
Rick.

What kind of advances? Rick, could be that you are a "Reb"?
Just kidding my friend!

Keep on Molding!

rickbatey
28th August 2013, 06:06 PM
Suhas,
It may be due to my changing companies and email addresses. You can add my private email address as many of you know it but I don't want to post my work email in public.
Rick.

Suhas
28th August 2013, 10:26 PM
Yes, I have that email Rick. I thought you were on the list. I will make sure that you are on there.
Thanks,
Suhas