PDA

View Full Version : Robots or NO bots?

rickbatey
21st September 2011, 07:44 PM
I am curious as to how many of us use robots? Servo or air? Sprue picker, Gantry, or Six axis? Weight in Folks!

brentb
22nd September 2011, 04:35 AM
All of the above!

Keep on Molding!

brent

rickbatey
22nd September 2011, 05:30 PM
Brent-Do you have a preferred brand or type? I tend to like (love?!) Engel gantries. My prior experience with 6-axis wasn't very notable; but after working on Fanuc robots, I like them as well as Engel units.
I had used one Yushin, sprue picker, and liked it as well. But other than about three other brands, that is all I have had hands on.

pjhall
27th September 2011, 10:41 PM
I've used Ranger, Wittmann, Star Robots, and the good ol' Yushin pickers. I would say Wittmann is my favorate with Ranger a close second. The ease of programming the Wittmann and the graphical layout of the pendant are the main reasons for my choice.

brentb
28th September 2011, 01:47 AM
Brent-Do you have a preferred brand or type? I tend to like (love?!) Engel gantries. My prior experience with 6-axis wasn't very notable; but after working on Fanuc robots, I like them as well as Engel units.
I had used one Yushin, sprue picker, and liked it as well. But other than about three other brands, that is all I have had hands on.

I have a friend in the gear business. He has all Engels and Engel robotics, and QMC,and RJG and Production monitoring and Melt Flipper. He loves the Engel robotics.
We have mostly Yushin. I am anti-robot, but like the Yushins.
I am writing this on my typewriter because my pencil broke!

Keep on Molding!

Now answer my question about cavity fill balance!

brent