PDA

View Full Version : Pack Pressure Latitude

anthonyc
11th May 2013, 01:11 PM
I have been an engineer for 10yrs and have used Scientific Molding for a while. Earlier this year another engineer showed me an excel program from VCT. One of the forms had Pack Pressure Latitude Test. I asked when would be the best time to use this; before or after establishing gate freeze? I could see using it after a gate freeze time is established to see what your peak pressure limit is. I can also see this being used in finding your Hold Pressure Factor for a DOE. If anyone can gibe some feedback on this or have used this in the past, it would greatly be appreciated.

Suhas
11th May 2013, 03:26 PM
Hello Anthony,
Welcome to the forum. Can you explain what is the pack pressure latitude test? Also what is VCT? We will do our best to help out.
Thanks,
Suhas

brentb
14th May 2013, 01:04 AM
Could this be part of the 4 Corner (MAD) Process Window Test?
If so, then would not any change in pack pressure AFTER gate freeze have no relation to part quality?

KOM

brent

anthonyc
18th May 2013, 11:01 PM
VCT is Velocity Control Techniques made by GBBL 1998. This is all I know of the company. But Pack Pressure Latitude is like gate freeze, but instead of using time as the changing factor, you use pressure until the part weight levels out. I have talked to Bill Tobin and he is in agreement with you. Once gate freeze is established adding more pressure would be futile. I can see doing this test along with gate freeze to see if one can get gate freeze sooner with higher pressure. I have never used it in the method presented on the spreadsheet.

Suhas
21st May 2013, 12:36 AM
Anthony,
Go to the home page of this website and look through the various Free resources here. You will have a better understanding. Here is the link: http://injectionmoldingonline.com/
Thanks,
Suhas