PDA

View Full Version : help with new tool

mensite
14th March 2013, 01:54 AM
we have an new 8 cavity mold and just started it up the other day. after about all day we finally got it running good parts.We are running white pvc material. after about 3 hours we started getting shorts and could not get it to over come it.were running a nissie 500 ton. pressure seems to be good.everything is working like it should.

but one thing is when the screw fills up i notice when it starts to inject the screw comes forward about 3 inches before plastic starts to push. and when it does inject it comes all the way to a nice coushion.just like its makinga whole shot. when the mold opens all the parts are short big time.all 8 parts.

where is the material going??? could the check ring be bad letting the material back flush. please help me out guys

MIOMY
15th March 2013, 12:27 AM
If possible watch screw during injection, either through site glass which some nisseis' have or look down throat. If screw is turning during injection that usually indicates wear. Hope this helps.

brentb
15th March 2013, 12:46 AM
If possible watch screw during injection, either through site glass which some nisseis' have or look down throat. If screw is turning during injection that usually indicates wear. Hope this helps.

In line with the above, try increasing inject time and see if "cushion" gets smaller.
Are you running a NRV or smear tip screw?

KOM

brent

mensite
15th March 2013, 02:15 AM

yes the screw does turn some but not alot... no matter how much shot size or pressure we still get shorts. and inject time too. but still , where is the material going. i know its picking up material cause i can see
it flow down at the magnet glass

pjhall
15th March 2013, 04:32 AM
When was the last time you had the tip assembly off /checked/measured? A screw pull might be in order to eliminate the tip/check-ring/seat. Turn the holding pressure to zero and see if you can get the part 95-98% full. If you can't even do that it is most definitely a screw / tip /barrel issue.

moldingppm
15th March 2013, 05:08 PM
I'm almost going to garuntee that the check ring is bad.

MIOMY
16th March 2013, 06:46 PM
Sounds like check ring and possibly barrel worn at the bottom end. Material is flowing back past check ring and pressure is transferred to flights of screw causing rotation during injection.

Pilot
18th March 2013, 10:43 AM
or you have a leakage into hot runner chanel :-) ..... Dont worry .. its only plastic :-(

KOM Pilot

brentb
19th March 2013, 12:47 AM
or you have a leakage into hot runner chanel :-) ..... Dont worry .. its only plastic :-(

KOM Pilot

Pilot,

Looks like resin is PVC. It doesn't mention a hot runner. If there were for PVC, I'd worry about leakage!

Still don't know if there is a ring tip. Many PVC molders used to employ smear tips on their screws.
KOM
brent

kelley
19th March 2013, 05:01 PM
Make sure no one's changed the back pressure setting to zero, that would allow the screw to rotate backwards without pushing material forward.

kelley

Pilot
20th March 2013, 05:01 PM
Hi Brent .... you are absolutely right.
But it is Nissei, If is not special screw inside, he has a ring valve.

ArikB
24th March 2013, 11:39 AM
Its slipping past the NRV. Pull the screw, mic the barrel and screw, and check the NRV. Also look at your decompression. There needs to be enough so that the NRV seats before the screw hits the melt.