PDA

View Full Version : Small but old, injection machine ,info and help required

deisel
10th January 2013, 03:38 PM
Hi folks
im new to injection moulding and have bought my first machine if you can call it that see images,it was sold to me as sold as seen but was still very cheap i decided to purchase it with the mind to restoring and then use it for various projects.
ive got to learn how to use the thing and have been trying to find a manual or any info on it,age brand name spec etc but can find nothing on it.
I dont have a compressor yet to try it out but one other concern is when it arrived the top part of the ram in the image where im pointing to with the red screw driver had been taken apart and was hanging so im assumeing there may be a problem with that part and/or the ram.
id like to know what the part on top of the ram does?what is it purpose there are two wires coming from it and go into the control box thanks for looking/
and any info on the machine would be appreciated:)

brentb
11th January 2013, 02:38 AM
WOW, you got a pre-1960 Vegimatic-Jector. Most had a hydraulic bottle jack clamp, looks like yours has a mechanical vise clamp. Extremely rare, worth close to a million to some people.
Where did you find it? Was it the only one? Are you near Chicago, I'll come and help getting it running! I bet you have fun with that (seriously)
Welcome to molding!

KOM

deisel
11th January 2013, 08:06 AM
haha i can tell the wife the mortgage is paid then:D,its not that i think it has any value i want to restore it,it would just bug the hell out of me using it with all those layers of paint curling back..its a bad habit of mine.
There were no more but the supplier is taking in a manumold which i hope to get may hands on soon:cool:

Thanks for the reply,i cant find any reference to a vegimatic-jector was it a nick name,under the paint there was a metal tag that reads ab engineering company watford england but i can find no reference to it on the internet.

The clamp looks to be a later addition so could well have had an bottle jack type fitted.id love to find just an image of one in original form ,a manual anything.

Ive figured out the top part is a pnuematic solenoid made by burkert type 312 c-33,its unlikely i,ll find another if its that old

tomslack34
28th February 2013, 07:17 AM
Is it worth to spend both time and money on old injection machine? I think it is not. What say?

deisel
28th February 2013, 08:41 AM
i say why not ? its pretty much in the same shape it was when it was made,ive had to replaced the pneumatic ram which was cheap enough and the heater band which was about £20.
to replace,and a bit of paint.. an equivelant in todays money im still looking as several thousand ££££where this cost several 100's.
nothing ventured nothing gained.
i,ll cut my teeth on this machine learn a little then maybe upgrade to something bigger like a manumold or along those lines,thanks