PDA

View Full Version : Tolerances On Mouldings

processtech
28th November 2012, 08:17 AM
Hello,
Is there an accepted standard +/- size tolerance on all moulded parts,or does it differ from part to part, Thanks for all replies
Processtech

Pilot
28th November 2012, 04:57 PM
Hi,
In Europe is existing european norm ISO EN 20 286 or DIN 16 901. This norm is sorted parts acc. material and dimensions and for each is set tolerance.
This only general rule. Most of part dimensions are defined in drawings by customer and this request can be stronger than norm.

processtech
28th November 2012, 10:25 PM
Hi,
In Europe is existing european norm ISO EN 20 286 or DIN 16 901. This norm is sorted parts acc. material and dimensions and for each is set tolerance.
This only general rule. Most of part dimensions are defined in drawings by customer and this request can be stronger than norm.
Thanks had found the din 16901,but couldnt find an iso one,will take a look at them tomorrow,its polypropylene,was going to take 0.005inch if i found nothing.

Pilot
29th November 2012, 04:45 PM
Hi,
you can also use this page ... http://www.cobanengineering.com/Tolerances/ToleranceSystem.asp

tfrounfe
29th November 2012, 10:18 PM
There is an industry standard SPI Tolerances manual that gives you a general idea. The tolerances are based on material and part design and size. I would recommend looking at this prior to signing off on tight tolerance parts if you have not run the material before. I've made the mistake before and been burned. I'm sure that someone on the forum has a .pdf version of this that they might email you. Otherwise I think you can find it on the SPE website. www.4spe.org