PDA

View Full Version : Calibration of Presses for Medical Molding

brentb
14th November 2012, 05:26 AM
Having a press calibrated by factory techs is VERY expensive. How do you Molders handles this?

KOM
brent

Pilot
14th November 2012, 06:03 PM
Hi Brent,
I am doing press calibration ourself. But according machine producers standards. You have to ask technicians for calibration procedure. In many cases is realy easy to do it without special equipement. Anyhow the servicemans has a lot of usefull documents, which are only for internal use, but one beer can make a miracle :-)

brentb
15th November 2012, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the info.

KOM
brent

Suhas
15th November 2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks Pilot,
Any particular type of beer? Any additives or fillers?? :)
Suhas

brentb
15th November 2012, 11:41 PM
Most of the technicians involved come from Germany and Austria. so I guess that it would take lots of beers?

KOM

brent

HAPPY USA Thanksgiving!

Suhas, happy belated Diwali

Suhas
16th November 2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the Diwali wishes Brent. Happy Thanksgiving to you also.
Suhas

Pilot
16th November 2012, 06:20 PM
Hi Brent,
I am from Czech rep. and nowhere is cheaper beer than here :-) ....less than one $ :-)
But for Suhas: ..... "Duff" can be OK :-))))

brentb
16th November 2012, 11:47 PM
Pilot,

Do you fly?

I am resurrecting my organization, "International Brotherhood of Injection Molders" or as I like to call it, " IBIM". Maybe Suhas will let us use his forum to get the ball rolling again? The brotherhood is open to ALL molders, no matter what country they mold in. We all have similar problems and experiences.
I notice that there are Molders from many countries on this forum, maybe you all can do like Pilot and tell us from where you are and share experiences?

What say you my friend Suhas?

Keep on Molding!

brent

Suhas
17th November 2012, 05:52 PM
Sure Brent! this forum is for the IBIM - It has cost me some money to put this up and also to maintain, monitor this site. But no issues please feel free. Any suggestions, I am open.
Pilot, sorry I did not follow what you meant by 'duff'. Tell me.
Suhas

kurtnmia
19th November 2012, 01:32 PM
Best beer in the world in Prague.

Pilot
19th November 2012, 07:12 PM
Sure Brent! this forum is for the IBIM - It has cost me some money to put this up and also to maintain, monitor this site. But no issues please feel free. Any suggestions, I am open.
Pilot, sorry I did not follow what you meant by 'duff'. Tell me.
Suhas

Hi, I meand Duff beer (http://www.duff-beer.cz/) from The Simpsons movie :-))

brentb
20th November 2012, 12:15 AM
In the world or Prague?

Pilot
22nd November 2012, 04:58 PM
Hi Brent,

You have to visit Czech and you will understand. This knowleages you can reach by hard training only :-)
But acc. me the world best beer is Pilsner Urquell (not Prague, bur Pilsen .... cca 100km on the west from Prague)
www.pilsner-urquell.cz

With this beer is easy to do mould press calibration :-)