PDA

View Full Version : Need Help... Injection or Mold issue?

Abdeen
10th October 2012, 07:07 AM
Hello everyone

I hope I am not posting this in the wrong place but here goes my question. I am new to the industry so forgive me if you find this issue to be very easy.

I have a water basin mold however when I manufacture the part the wall thickness varies from one side to the other. One side of the wall comes out ok but the other side is very thin and sometimes it just cracks and there is whole there. I can't seem to figure it out. Is it a mold issue? or is it something to do with my machine.

Thank you in advance for your help.

ruhlj
10th October 2012, 12:59 PM
First impression is its a mold issue but before making that assumption, here's some questions that will help us understand better: what is the size of the water basin? what's the wall thickness suppose to be? where is the part gated and the size of the gate? in the mold design, is there anything helping to keep the core aligned with the cavity? how fast and what is the pressure does it take to fill the part? what is the type of plastic?

brentb
11th October 2012, 01:15 AM
I agree with Ruhlj, first glance looks like mold is deflecting on injection, but press problems may cause that, Is the thin side always the same side? Have you contacted your tool maker/designer( hopefully he/she isn't in some place far away)?

Notice I didn't say china.
Give us some m more info so we can help

Keep On Molding!

brent

Suhas
11th October 2012, 10:53 PM
Ruhlj,
Can you give us the approx size of this basin and where it is gated.

Brent, Is there another 'far away place' that makes molds? :) I know unfortunately my home country is not good - notice I did not say India :).

Suhas

brentb
12th October 2012, 12:04 AM
Ruhlj,
Can you give us the approx size of this basin and where it is gated.

Brent, Is there another 'far away place' that makes molds? :) I know unfortunately my home country is not good - notice I did not say India :).

Suhas

We are running a multi-cavity hot runner from your country now. Been running millions of parts.

KOM
brent

stevenchengcn
30th October 2012, 03:33 AM
Yes,Ruhlj,But I think water basin shouldn't be small one,and my question is :when did you find this problem?form the begining of manufacturing or after a period of time?