PDA

View Full Version : Small Injection Machine Recommendations

macdonmr
2nd October 2012, 01:40 PM
Our company is looking into purchasing a smaller injection machine. We've been comparing the Boy 90A, Mitsubishi 110 MEtII-3.5H, and Engel Victory 200/85 & 330/130.

Any comments/reviews/issues? If not with those specific models, then the manufacturers. Thanks!

Suhas
2nd October 2012, 04:52 PM
Hi Macdonmr,
What is the application? What will you be molding? Tight tolerance, materials, volumes, etc.? In general, this is the advice I give - If one is molding buckets and pails, almost any machine will do, you are molding bottle caps you need a machine that is fast and shot weight consistent- think cycle time also, if you are molding insert molded connectors, good shot to shot consistency is important.
Let us know.
Suhas

macdonmr
2nd October 2012, 06:28 PM
Consistently is important. We will be primarily molding small automotive components (both aftermarket and OEM) such as drain plugs and fasteners. Materials vary.... mainly Nylon 66, some HDPE. Total shot weights would be in the area of 20-60g. We do our best with our smallest machine (Mitsubishi 180MJ) although we find we are near the lower limit of what shot size we can use and we’re exceeding residency time in the barrel. We’ve had to turn down some new work because we do not have a small enough machine, plus our 180 is fully utilized as it is. We like all our Mitsubishi machines…. just looking at other (hopefully lower cost) options. ~Thanks, Mark

rickbatey
3rd October 2012, 04:17 PM
I love Engels, though I'm not fond of their new CC200 controllers!? The Engel will be more pricey but in my past experience the better machine. I must admit that staying with one brand makes life easier for maintenance, set up, and processing.
Rick

MIOMY
4th October 2012, 11:32 PM
I agree with Rick... but have only worked with the 90's and 100 controllers. Very responsive and repeatable for processing. SPC microplast/microflo I found worked great and easy to set up...Husky's very solid machine as well...but pricier than most any manufacturer...Nissei for ease of setup...Budget is usually the determining factor : ( Good Luck
Ron

brentb
5th October 2012, 12:56 AM
i feel Rick's pain. I too dislike ( or not like too much) the CC200. Maybe I am set in my ways and resistant to change? Our vertical press has this.

KOM
brent

rickbatey
6th October 2012, 12:34 AM
Brent. If you think the press is not very likeable,you should try the robot !?
Rick.

cinazhu
28th January 2013, 01:41 AM
hi, we can offer you injecton machine 50T and 88T. If intereted, please contact me. My e-mail is: turnkey@dakumar.com