PDA

View Full Version : Dosing Units

processtech
10th September 2012, 10:34 PM
Hello all,im relatively new to the area of injection moulding,
I am wondering has any of you on here any information regarding the calibration of colortronic dosing units. I have succesfully calibrated the Colortronic Colorblend unit with the c150 micro processor,but am unsure of the procedure of calibrating the microblend and CSE 2 units, rather than a calibration procedure,is it more a case of adjusting the settings until the desired amount of masterbatch is dispensed? For the colorblend unit i calculated the dosing time and the masterbatch weight, i then entered the dosing time and adjusted the motor speed to dispense the masterbatch quantity required. Is this the correct procedure?
Also the CSE 2 unit set up procedure.
Regards, Processtech

processtech
11th September 2012, 09:08 AM
Ok just discovered that the CSE 2 isnt actualy for the masterbatrch,

Suhas
11th September 2012, 12:44 PM
Hi Processtech,
There are several companies that provide color blending units. I am not sure what the c150 or CSE2 refer to. Although most of us here have the experience with these units it will be difficult to give you the exact info you need since we may have not dealt with the models you mention. My best suggestion in this case is to ask the manufacturer. However, keep the following in mind - again as general rules - since I do not know the logic your controllers are working on -
1. If these simply work on dosing the color 'till the screw keeps turning' - then you need to put an alarm on the screw rotation time. If for whatever reason you slow down or increase the speed, the amount of color will change. Increasing or decreasing the speed does not change the amount of plastic (since that is determined by the shot size).
2. If you are using pellets, then the size of the pellets will also change the amount of colorant added to the plastic.

Hope this helps. Any comments, please post.

Regards,
Suhas