PDA

View Full Version : So, how was everyone's day?

moldingppm
31st July 2012, 11:15 PM
Better than mine, I hope.

Let's see...

1). Found out I possibly have a broken logic plate in my Shinwa 110 (which is my main machine that runs 24/7)

2). Had an end cap leak on my Arburg 520c, which resulted in having plastic built up to zone 3 on my barrel. When I was burning the plastic off, I ended up melting the heater connectors...

3). Had a new employee (whom of which has been here 2 days) cleaning up the shop. For some unknown reason, he thought he'd be nice enough to clean up the oil around a machine with reground ABS...

End rant

So to the topic, How was your day? :D

rickbatey
2nd August 2012, 01:07 AM
Dear Molding Brother,
We have all seen similar days, and you too will add these items to the book we are All writing about the wrong things to do. In time you will laugh and entertain the next generation of molders. Just don't give up on them all as our mentors didn't do us that way.
I like the ones that think All black parts are the same.
Try to remain calm at all times.
Rick.

ATI K ID
20th August 2012, 05:42 AM
I had a guy completley encase a barrel on a 500T in a very stiff PC all the way to the feedthroat, yeah good times.........................

moldingppm
20th August 2012, 03:01 PM
Dear Molding Brother,
We have all seen similar days, and you too will add these items to the book we are All writing about the wrong things to do. In time you will laugh and entertain the next generation of molders. Just don't give up on them all as our mentors didn't do us that way.
I like the ones that think All black parts are the same.
Try to remain calm at all times.
Rick.

My book has a lot of do's and don't's now. More don't's then do's. But, it's all things I'm sure everyone has gone through at some point in their life. Molding isn't easy by any means.

I had a guy completley encase a barrel on a 500T in a very stiff PC all the way to the feedthroat, yeah good times.........................

I've had things close to that which has happened to me...Not a pretty sight.

Suhas
20th August 2012, 10:18 PM
ATI K ID,
Did you post the pic of that 500T on a previous forum????
Suhas

ATI K ID
22nd August 2012, 05:03 AM
No pictures but should of. I was out of town acquiring two more pieces of equipment and on the day I got back I was walking by press with an armload of bar stock and just dropped all of it. The person in question was supposed to shut it down for weekend and just stopped press left heats on, with hopper full of PC, and sled forward. Pressure's got to go somewhere, unfortunately this was during a 105 degree plus heatwave for a week and when it was burnt off it acted like those growing snake fireworks layer, by layer, by layer. Had to completely rewire heaters good thing during a heater band issue made very detailed map about 1 year before.

pjhall
23rd August 2012, 01:08 AM
ATI K ID,
Did you post the pic of that 500T on a previous forum????
Suhas

Sushas,

I remember that pic a few years ago on the other forum. The guy said he came in and the 3rd shift fellow let him know that the machine was making short shots. "So, I keept increasing the shot size"...The picture showed a medium sized press with material leaked ALL THE WAY TO THE HOPPER and over and around it.

Suhas
23rd August 2012, 05:42 AM
You are right PJ. I have the pic with me. Don't want to post it without permission because it was on the other forum.
Suhas