PDA

View Full Version : Vandorn 120 trouble

rtlockwood
24th July 2012, 03:43 PM
Hello everybody
I am having multiple issues with the Vandorn. On Friday the machine went to PC in stop, called the Vandorn/Demag service guys and they said to replace battery. So I replaced the battery on Monday and then got alarms for temperature runaway and my oil temp is @ 37. Meanwhile my clamp has been closed all weekend. So I would like to know if there are any suggestions on best way to open the clamp? Thank you in advance for your help.
Thanks,
Roni

Suhas
24th July 2012, 03:46 PM
Roni,
Is the clamp a hydraulic or toggle? If it is a toggle, is it in the locked position?
Let us know.
Suhas

arturo aguirre
25th July 2012, 01:10 AM
Roni,

Send me the model of the vandorn control please! and a picture with the alarms display

brentb
25th July 2012, 03:48 AM
Hello everybody
I am having multiple issues with the Vandorn. On Friday the machine went to PC in stop, called the Vandorn/Demag service guys and they said to replace battery. So I replaced the battery on Monday and then got alarms for temperature runaway and my oil temp is @ 37. Meanwhile my clamp has been closed all weekend. So I would like to know if there are any suggestions on best way to open the clamp? Thank you in advance for your help.
Thanks,
Roni

What is meant by "PC in stop"? Will motor start? Unless it is old, most likely a toggle press. Does clamp open solenoid energize? Can you back off tie bar nuts and open clamp? Is clamp showing tonnage?

KOM

brent

rtlockwood
25th July 2012, 03:27 PM
Hey everybody
The machine is 1988 model hydraulic. The motor will run but the temps will not rise because zone 1 is not registering on the screen. Replaced thermal couple for zone 1 and still nothing but ??? for zone1. We tried putting a bottle jack on the top of platen and pressing the open button but nothing. the next step is try the tie bar. We disconnected the solenoid xh to give it maximum pressure and still does not budge. We tried testing the xh and did not get anything, but I am really novice at all of this so not sure I did this right.

Suhas
25th July 2012, 07:49 PM
(Admin Note: These are all suggestions so please be careful and also talk to your authorities before attempting something - Thanks)

Can you 'fool' zone 1 connecting it to zone 2 and making the pump start? Also you may want to make a call to the VanDorn guys - you may have already done so, but just thought I would mention.

Suhas

rtlockwood
25th July 2012, 08:08 PM
We got it!! Yes I have talked to the Vandorn guys ALOT!!! There was a wire rubbing against another in exposed spot, this caused the temperatures to be wacky. And the clamp not opening was my error in not inputting some parameters!! Thanks for all of the suggestions and help!!

brentb
26th July 2012, 01:00 AM
Nice you solved the problem and thanks for sharing the solution. Many Molders ask for help, then don't share.

KOM

brent