PDA

View Full Version : Nautilus 2010

The Bat
23rd July 2012, 10:39 PM
Gentlemen, I am trying to familarize myself with the DOE aspect of Nautilus and was wondering what your thoughts were on a coulpe of things.

1.On the Define Variables page , what's being looked for in the Precision box? I'm not sure if I should put the # of decimal places desired or the increments of change from one experiment to another.

2. On the Qualitative box , it's asking for Least desirable and Most desirable. Is this for a rating (1-10 where 1 is least and 10 is most) or something else?

We are a TPE manufacturer and I want to be able to use the program with our customers, so any suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Suhas
24th July 2012, 12:55 AM
Hi,

Precision - This is the minimum amount of change in the parameter that you think will make a change in the quality of the part. For example, what is the minimum change in the amount of holding pressure you think will make a difference in the part? Will changing 1 psi make a change? In theory yes, but in practicality at least a 50 psi change is required to see a noticeable difference. So the precision value is 50. For cooling time I use 1 second, mold and melt temps I use 5 deg F. This number will also show up as increment steps after you do the analysis and look at the prediction equation tabs - both numeric and visual.

Qualitative - What is the most desirable? = Zero Splay - Least desirable = 5 (or any other number you prefer).

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Suhas