PDA

View Full Version : "Machine Problem"

kurtnmia
5th July 2012, 10:30 PM
I have an 85 ton Cincinnati that appears to have an inherent problem. The operator station display freezes up, the machine shuts down and I have to reboot it. It has done this ever since it was new (It's 10 years old now) and I have never gotten a satisfactory explaination from anyone (especially Cincinnati) why it does this.
It was recommended I replace the power supply, I did that and it still does it. Am I the only person to have this problem or has anyone else seen it. The entire station was replaced a year ago in June for another problem (it went out completely), but I still have this problem even with the refurbished station they sold me.

Suhas
5th July 2012, 11:12 PM
Hi,
I was never too happy with the Cincis - just worked with a few of them. This is a weird issue you have. I think there are couple guys here who worked on Cincis and hope they can give you an insight.
Sorry, cant be of much help. But I think you should hold them responsible. We once sent an 300 ton machine back to 'XXXXX' :) after couple years because of machine issues. I think you should go straight up to the TOP guy and tell him the issue.
Suhas

brentb
6th July 2012, 02:14 AM
Hi,
I was never too happy with the Cincis - just worked with a few of them. This is a weird issue you have. I think there are couple guys here who worked on Cincis and hope they can give you an insight.
Sorry, cant be of much help. But I think you should hold them responsible. We once sent an 300 ton machine back to 'XXXXX' :) after couple years because of machine issues. I think you should go straight up to the TOP guy and tell him the issue.
Suhas

I could write a book about weird Cinci problems that I have experienced. Electric or Hydraulic?

Keep on Molding!
brent

rickbatey
7th July 2012, 03:36 AM
Probably the software locking up. I too have never been a fan of the brand.
Rick.

brentb
7th July 2012, 04:37 AM
In the "Good Ol' Days" they were a decent press (hydradamp) that is back in the 60's and 70's.

Keep on Molding!

brent

kurtnmia
9th July 2012, 08:53 PM
Believe, me if it had been up to me none of them would have been put on the floor. I have seen too many reliability problems with Cincis.

kurtnmia
9th July 2012, 08:55 PM
I don't need a book just the fix for this problem (LOL)

brentb
10th July 2012, 12:21 AM
Give a bit of details please! Model of machine, electric or hydraulic, software on controller. I am a molder (maybe) not a medium! LOL!

Keep on Molding!
brent

ATI K ID
13th July 2012, 01:42 PM
I've encountered this before check all connections and re-seat boards in panel and op station. I have the same machine.