PDA

View Full Version : Fire resistant resin

Tyrone
22nd June 2021, 02:31 PM
I'm wondering if anybody has worked with Fire resistant resins for Electrical Components that need to go through certification testing. What would be the go to resin for such products that go through a flame test?

nemanja
24th June 2021, 01:15 PM
Hi,

Do you know what UL 94 V? grade need to have?

HB: slow burning on a horizontal specimen; burning rate < 76 mm/min for thickness < 3 mm or burning stops before 100 mm
V-2: burning stops within 30 seconds on a vertical specimen; drips of flaming particles are allowed.
V-1: burning stops within 30 seconds on a vertical specimen; drips of particles allowed as long as they are not inflamed.
V-0: burning stops within 10 seconds on a vertical specimen; drips of particles allowed as long as they are not inflamed.
5VB: burning stops within 60 seconds on a vertical specimen; no drips allowed; plaque specimens may develop a hole.
5VA: burning stops within 60 seconds on a vertical specimen; no drips allowed; plaque specimens may not develop a hole

In my case customers alway ask for V0 standard (housings for PCB) and is always (in my case) UL94 certificate provided by supplyer of resins.

Regards,

Tyrone
5th July 2021, 03:38 PM
Hi, Thanks for the reply!
All that was said on the quote was that materiel needs to meet minimum HB requirement. What the requirements are for that product are, I am not sure. I suppose that is what I would have to figure out.
Thanks