PDA

View Full Version : Machine setup

yangozugur
15th December 2020, 08:55 AM
hi everyone

ı need to introduce my injection machine in moldflow however ı dont know maxsimum injection ratio of my injection machine.

ıf ı put a value that random(exp: 5000 cm3/s) Do I have any trouble ?

actually ı know ınjection ratio but it's unit is different(g/s)
ı dont know how can ı conversion this unit from g/s to cm3/s.

good work to everyone

JayDub
15th December 2020, 01:53 PM
All you need is the density of the material (in g/cm3) and a tiny bit of arithmetic. Molding machines are generally rated in terms of GPPS (styrene) which has a density of 1.06 g/cm3. So if your machine has a maximum injection rate of 100 g/s, it will inject PS at (100 x 1.06) or 106 cm3/s.

yangozugur
16th December 2020, 07:34 AM
All you need is the density of the material (in g/cm3) and a tiny bit of arithmetic. Molding machines are generally rated in terms of GPPS (styrene) which has a density of 1.06 g/cm3. So if your machine has a maximum injection rate of 100 g/s, it will inject PS at (100 x 1.06) or 106 cm3/s.

ı see JayDub, thanks for your help.
I want to ask another question with your permission.

while ı checking fill stage ı use ınjection rate and ı put a value(cm3/s) and ı see some results end of the analysis than ı put parameters to my machine according to this results. Which value shold ı put?(ınjection options of my machine has 3 parameters( ram position, pressure and ram speed). Because of ram speed unit(mm/s) ı cant put ınjection rate value(cm/sn). Units are different!. ı dont know how should ı think about it.

could you help me about that?

Thank you

Coryhoeppner
16th December 2020, 12:51 PM
yabgozugur,
I believe that you are asking the form of transfer from velocity to pressure.
If that is the case: 1st choice from your list should always be ram position.
Changes in material viscosity will have much more of a dramatic effect on pressure and time transfer options.

Let me know if you have further questions.

JayDub
16th December 2020, 01:39 PM
Because of ram speed unit(mm/s) ı cant put ınjection rate value(cm/sn). Units are different!.

First you need screw diameter in cm. Then calculate cross sectional area of the barrel: screw diameter squared times 0.7854. Divide ram speed by ten to convert from mm/s to cm/s, then multiply by the barrel cross sectional area (in cm2) to get the volumetric injection rate in cm3/s.

yangozugur
17th December 2020, 11:41 AM
Thanks your help.

good work

yangozugur
17th December 2020, 11:42 AM
First you need screw diameter in cm. Then calculate cross sectional area of the barrel: screw diameter squared times 0.7854. Divide ram speed by ten to convert from mm/s to cm/s, then multiply by the barrel cross sectional area (in cm2) to get the volumetric injection rate in cm3/s.

ıt works!
thank you.
good work