PDA

View Full Version : Nozzle tip sizes

The Bat
18th June 2012, 10:33 PM
I was wondering if someone could inform me on what size nozzle tips would suite me best for some different materials. The tools I run have different size sprue bushings ,I know that I have to go slightly smaller with the nozzle tip but if anyone could give me some maximum and minimum sizes for the different materials , it would give me a great starting place. I run TPE , PVC (BIO , flexible , and rigid) , PC , ABS , Nylon (6 and 6/6) , Polypropylene , Polystyrene , and Polyurethane. I know this is quite the variety ,but ,we are looking to upgrade are nozzle and tips but I can't seem to find someone with the knowledge needed to give me the different sizes that would work best with each material. Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

pjhall
19th June 2012, 03:18 AM
Nozzle tip orifice diameters are not usually determined by material. Use the largest possible orifice you can. You may need to go a little smaller for ABS to prevent stringing. Nylon 6 and 6/6 will require nylon tips small orifice with a tapered land. Just remember that running with a nozzle tip that is too small can cause too high a pressure drop and you may not be able to fill your part.

brentb
19th June 2012, 03:38 AM
PJ spoke wisely. Pay attention to tip style being appropriate for resin concerned. A good all-around tip is Sam Kern's "E" Tip", available from Molder's Choice. Also good and versatile,is the "ELIMINATOR" by Sam, and made by another manufacturer. The "E" Tip is new and improved, like detergent! (Just joshin' Sam)

Keep on Molding!

brent

Maheshkumar Hiremath
19th June 2012, 03:58 AM
Look the option of making Standard Spure bushing, It will help you in narrowdowning the problems and may give you some hint on finalsing the nozzle size.

Maheshkumar

The Bat
19th June 2012, 10:08 PM
Thank you Gentlemen for your insight, I like the idea of standerdizing the sprue bushings to make the nozzles more universal. I will check out the "E" tip and see what they offer for sizes. You definitly pointed me in the right direction , I look forward to working with you guys.